Google Chrome Printing

Electronics Computer Programming Q&A
Lenp

Google Chrome Printing

Post by Lenp »

It seems that Chrome, along with higher browsing speed, also has many other issues.
Aside from not being compatible with some web sites, it is a a real pain when it comes to printing.
The full preview must be loaded or it will not print correctly. True you can press Alt-Shift-'P' to get the Windows pop up printer menu, but often there are still problems.
I ship, almost daily with UPS. Chrome loads and navigates the site with higher speed than Internet Explorer, but when it comes to printing, look out. The UPS thermal printer spits out 6 feet of duplicate documents and blank labels. (glad UPS supplies these labels free) Many calls to UPS support have been useless. They recently suggested I load some Java applet. Now it prints the shipping label rotated 90 degrees, in the upper left corner of the label, about the size of 2 postage stamps! The other labels are printed, rotated (landscape) on the forms and a single document may span accross several forms. Another call told me to change Chrome's margin settings, there are none!
Internet Explorer, although it is slow, prints properly.

Anyone out there with a similar problem, or better yet, a solution.

Len
Len

“To invent, you need a good imagination and a big pile of junk.” (T. Edison)
"I must be on the way to success since I already have the junk". (Me)