trouble e-mailing photos??

Electronics Computer Programming Q&A
new guy

trouble e-mailing photos??

Post by new guy »

I recently lost the ability to save pictures to my computer. Funny pictures that I download from the internet. When I try to look at them or e-mail them all I get is a page of letters, symbols, and numbers. I was last using Google Chrome but I erased that from my computer and then this problem arose??
sofaspud

Re: trouble e-mailing photos??

Post by sofaspud »

It sounds like your file associations got messed up when you uninstalled Chrome. You didn't specify what your operating
system is or what program you want to use for images, but I'll wing it and give a (BGates-approved Windows) solution.
Open Windows Explorer and locate one of the problem image files. Right-click it with your mouse and then move the mouse
arrow over "Open with" on the menu. It should expand and there will be a menu option there to "Choose default program".
Click on it and it will open another window that allows you to select from a list or browse to another choice. If you want to
use your current browser you'll likely have to go find its exe file in the Program Files folder, since it's not really a graphics
viewer app.
Repeat above procedure for jpg, gif, bmp, png, etc.

Or, it may be possible to...

Go to Control Panel>Default Programs. Select Internet Explorer and associate (choose defaults) to your heart's content.
sofaspud

Re: trouble e-mailing photos??

Post by sofaspud »

FYI I tried the second option above and it did not work. Selecting IE only gave file options for *.html and similar variations.
Because a browser isn't really a graphics viewer app...
You can use it as one though. I do sometimes, with drag & drop.

Chrome is getting all the headlines. What turned you off from it?