Internet Explorer 8

Electronics Computer Programming Q&A
Ed446

Internet Explorer 8

Post by Ed446 »

Is anyone using Explorer 8? I don't know what version that I have, (whatever came with XP). Many sites that I go to says that my browser is not fully supported and suggest downloading Explorer 8.
Thanks Edwin
ltx71cm

Re: Internet Explorer 8

Post by ltx71cm »

Open Internet Explorer and along the menu bar click Help and then About. I hope you're not still using IE6...

A visit to the Windows update site should prompt you to install/upgrade to IE8. If it doesn't google IE8 and the top result should be the official MS IE8 page where you can start the download process.

If you're about to make a significant browser change I'd like to encourage you to not only upgrade to IE8 but to give Firefox and Chrome a whirl. They're generally regarded as being more secure and I find them faster and more stable. No matter what you choose, you should still update to IE8 for security. Many other items/applications within Windows relay on IE to function and would therefore leave you vulnerable by not upgrading.
Ed446

Re: Internet Explorer 8

Post by Ed446 »

Thanks, I didn't check check the version that I was using. Like to have never got it updated. The first ones that I tried to install, gave an error message that ended with(program name) and is not a valid Win 32 application. Several web sites operate much faster after upgrading to version 8.
Edwin