Windows 7 RAM Problem

Electronics Computer Programming Q&A
ignatiusmael

Windows 7 RAM Problem

Post by ignatiusmael »

Hey, I'm running Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit and I have 6GB of Kingston HyperX RAM on my motherboard which is a ASUS P6T SE which can have 24GB of RAM, but Windows 7 is only saying there is 4GB of RAM, but when I run CPUZ is says I have 6GB. Anyone know what might be wrong?

URL Deleted
ltx71cm

Re: Windows 7 RAM Problem

Post by ltx71cm »

Wow a spammer revived another spammers post from over a year ago.

This raises two questions, why has the first message not been deleted by now and why are spammers still posting in the first place?

N&V, one easy step to eliminate most of the spam here is to set limit of how many posts you must have before being able to post links. The valid human users will find a way to indirectly post the link while spammers will either make an attempt and give up or be forced to post the link in a non-indexable manner which does them no good. Problem mostly solved.
MrAl

Post by MrAl »

Hello there,

I like that idea very much, why dont you PM Mike and tell him?

Pretty soon this site will be spammers talking to spammers with gibber gabber back and forth making no sense whatsoever just so they can post links.

post: The app went red several and moon if jabberwocky etc. http:MyDumbSalesSite.com
reply: That very giraffe quiet. http:HisDumbSalesSite.com
LEDs vs Bulbs, LEDs are winning.
psycho

Post by psycho »

I like that idea very much, why dont you PM Mike and tell him?
That would be a waste of time. I hardly ever come here now because of the spam - and lack of traffic, presumably due to others leaving because of the spam. There have been NUMEROUS things that have been suggested and they have all fallen on deaf (or dumb) ears. This place used to be a great place to come but now it is a crap-shoot as to weather there will be more spam than real posts when you go to read all of the new posts.

Kevin
kheston

Post by kheston »

No amount of spam will divert me from this forum (though being too darn busy sure limits my visits and posts).

I just signed up with diybandmill.org. I had to ask a moderator nicely for a login via email, they have disabled the self-signup function of phpBB completely, presumably in an effort to curb spammers. I wonder if Mike disabled self-sign-up for this forum whether screening emails with login requests would be less-burdensome than having to monitor the forum for miscreants.
Kurt - SF Bay