Will OpenOffice work with the new Windows7 64 bit

Electronics Computer Programming Q&A
Rodney

Will OpenOffice work with the new Windows7 64 bit

Post by Rodney »

Will Open Office work with the new 64bit Windows7?
SETEC_Astronomy

Re: Will OpenOffice work with the new Windows7 64 bit

Post by SETEC_Astronomy »

According to their site it is compatible in most cases.
reloadron

Post by reloadron »

I have been running Open Office in both Windows 7 64 bit and 32 bit versions of BETA and RC1 without a problem. Runs just fine.

Ron
Rodney

Post by Rodney »

Update, I downloaded the latest version of Open Office thru Hippofiles into my new laptop with Windows 7 installed. It works great, I'm very impressed as it does all that microsoft office does plus a bit more and all for free. I can highly recommend it as a substitute for Word and Excel as well as Power Point.
reloadron

Post by reloadron »

Rodney wrote:Update, I downloaded the latest version of Open Office thru Hippofiles into my new laptop with Windows 7 installed. It works great, I'm very impressed as it does all that microsoft office does plus a bit more and all for free. I can highly recommend it as a substitute for Word and Excel as well as Power Point.
While I can agree Open Office is a nice office suite and as I mentioned earlier does run well on Windows 7 I don't personally see it on par with Microsoft Office. Really depends on the applications one is running and the ability to interweave office software. I can mesh Microsoft Office with for example InfoPath in office and web development which I can't do with open office. Overall I see Microsoft Office as the better productivity suite but again that is just me based on what I need.

Ron