WINDOWS MAIL

Electronics Computer Programming Q&A
JoseyWales

WINDOWS MAIL

Post by JoseyWales »

I have about 100 emails I cannot delete.
reloadron

Re: WINDOWS MAIL

Post by reloadron »

This link may help. Are you attempting to delete from you inbox or removing already deleted items from the deleted items folder?

Additionally if using the link I provided you may heve to enable show hidden files and folders as well as show hidden operating system files. Just make sure MS Mail isn't running when you follow the steps in the link.

Ron
haklesup

Re: WINDOWS MAIL

Post by haklesup »

Microsoft has several mail clients not to mention 3rd party programs. Most likely you are using MS Outlook Express but you might be using MS Outlook, MS Live Mail client or something else. Please be more specific and maybe we can help. I guess "Windows Mail" comes with MS Works and Vista, I'm not using that one.

If MS OUtlook express, try looking under the Options window (Tools Menu) and the Maintenance tab to find the store folder, then you can delete the remaining database files containing the messages (one per folder). Outlook will make new empty ones when you start the next time. A simialr procedure will likely work for other mail clients. Just need to find where it actually stores the mail and use windows explorer to delete them.