Vista 64 and MPLAB IDE/PicPro Demo

Electronics Computer Programming Q&A
nbrucew

Vista 64 and MPLAB IDE/PicPro Demo

Post by nbrucew »

Real novice so bear with, thanks. Was using MPLab IDE and PicPro Demo basic with Windows 64 with reasonable success as I learned .. going to buy full PicBasic but computer died. Replaced with new and Vista 64 bit OS. Cannot compile now even with newest downloaded versions. Question... is it possible with MPLab V8.33, and latest PicPro Demo to use Vista 64?

Tried to use Microcode to program Pickit2 but it would not compile and pop-up stated issue was Vista 64bit OS.

Just want to know .. is Vista 64 bit OS not going to work with PicBasic or PicBasic PRO and MpLab IDE. Just spinning wheels now and not sure if I am in tunnel with no exit available.

Thanks
kheston

Re: Vista 64 and MPLAB IDE/PicPro Demo

Post by kheston »

Bruce,

I Googled around and it appears others are having issues similar to yours with your compiler. Keep your eyes peeled in the PIC-oriented forums and hopefully someone will post a workaround. I don't have a 64-bit Vista installation to play with or I'd try to see if I could duplicate your issue.

Good luck!
Kurt - SF Bay
geoffc

Re: Vista 64 and MPLAB IDE/PicPro Demo

Post by geoffc »

I have MPLAB v8.33 on Vista Home Premium 64. I have the demo of PicBasic Pro integrated in MPLAB. I have a Pickit 2 and demo board attached and recognized by MPLAB. I can program then compile/build/download/run with one click.

It is possible, but it took 3 days to get a blinking LED, thanks to many error messages that were misleading at best. I don't doubt you are ready to give up, but if you list your error and if I encountered it I will be glad to tell you how I handled it.