system 7 boot disk

Electronics Computer Programming Q&A
ringo47stars

system 7 boot disk

Post by ringo47stars »

I am looking for system 7 boot disk for an older powerbook (MAC). I found a boot disk that was altered from the original to include new features so it ended up being too big to save on a floppy. The powerbook only has a 3.5 floppy on it. So I saved the boot disk and uploaded it to flicker to reduce the size as it was an image file. I had to sign out from flicker before it was processed into different sizes and when I logged back in the image file wasn't there. I could try that again but it had a file extension of .img so that could have been the problem. The flicker page said that I could close the window and the image would be there later so I thought there would be no problem. So does any one know where I could get a boot disk for a powerbook using system 7 and SCSI hd interface?
SETEC_Astronomy

Re: system 7 boot disk

Post by SETEC_Astronomy »

ringo47stars wrote:....So I saved the boot disk and uploaded it to flicker to reduce the size as it was an image file. I had to sign out from flicker before it was processed into different sizes and when I logged back in the image file wasn't there....
It's not that kind of image. A picture and a drive/disk image are two different animals that sometimes share a name. I'll see if I can find a properly size disk image for you.

You can get everything you need directly from apple, http://www.info.apple.com/support/older ... tml#system
ringo47stars

Re: system 7 boot disk

Post by ringo47stars »

Thanks for the reply. I got the disk image from http://main.system7today.com/articles/t ... tools.html and found out I had to sign up for stuffit expander ( free to start). I didn't know that the extension .img was the equivalent of a zip file until I read the info on the stuffit site. I looked on the help forums at flicker and uploading multiple files is common so I might try that again. My main problem is getting it down to a size that fits on a 3.5 floppy and still have good stuff on it. I thought I would post the query on the forum hoping to find another site to download from but I don't know if downloading a boot disk that has been converted to run on a mac could be done. That would be the same as downloading a mac program to a disk that is formatted for a pc. As you might have guessed I don't usually use a mac. So I figure the easiest way is to find someone who can download the file on a mac and knows what to delete and save it to a disk already formatted for a mac and problem solved.