PS2 / PS3 OUTPUTS

Interested in Robotics? Here's the place to be.
krolyat

PS2 / PS3 OUTPUTS

Post by krolyat »

Looking for directions Guys. I would like to set up a couple of linear actuators that will take feed from outputs from either a PS2 or PS3. if someone could advise me where to start I would very much appreciate it.
krolyat

Re: PS2 / PS3 OUTPUTS

Post by krolyat »

Thank You for your answer however I cannot translate what you have said. Could you please convert to english.

regards
krolyat
SETEC_Astronomy

Post by SETEC_Astronomy »

The above is Slovenian and is spam, the whole point of the post is to get the user's signature link indexed by Google. If you'd still like help with your project perhaps you could post more info about it. I'd like to help but I can't really figure out what you're asking.
krolyat

Post by krolyat »

Thanks for the help and interest. What I 'm looking for is some help and directions in being able to setup two linear actuators that can take a signal from outputs from either a Playstation 2 or 3. I would like to try and build the system from the ground up and have found a couple of actuators that could be connected to a drivers seat and thus transfer the the PS2 inputs i.e. wheel, throttle, brakes etc to the actuators. I guess my question here is what would I need to develope this and where would you recommend that I start.
abigali

Post by abigali »

How do i get my ps3 connected with the internet? I've tried to put my ps3 online. I've used all 3 codes on the bottom of my wireless router for the WPA code and even the WEP code but it says while the connection test is taking place, "The Attempt to obtain an IP address timed out". HELP Please.
CeaSaR

Post by CeaSaR »

abgali,

I'm under the assumption that you have a (pick one) 40GB / 60GB / 80GB / 160GB model PS3,
since you say that it is attempting to connect to the network. If you had the 20GB model, it
wouldn't as it does not have built in WIFI.

Go to this PlayStation page (>link here<) and expand out all the blue "Show Details" links. Under
these it shows what you need, minimally, in order to connect to the internet. The things you
need to be sure of:

HARDWARE-
Your wireless router is 802.11b or 802.11g
OR an Ethernet (wired) router with a Wireless Access Point (WAP)
Your firewall is configured to let you onto the network

NETWORK SETTINGS-
Service Set Identifier (SSID) of your wireless network
WEP or WPA Security Key
MAC address (possibly)

Since your PS3 is seeing the router, the first 2 under HARDWARE are okay. The 3rd (firewall)
is an unknown, you didn't mention one.

Under NETWORK SETTINGS, again, the first 2 are most likely okay.You did put the WAP/WEP
key codes in EXACTLY as they are shown, capital/lowercase letters and the correct numbers?
Sometimes a 0 (zero) looks like a capital O (oh) and vice versa. You could try that.

As for the MAC address issue, that only comes into play if your router was set up with that
additional layer of security enabled. What this does is adds the physical MAC (Media Access
Control) address of the appliance that you want to connect to the router. As I said above,
you only have to worry about this if you had to add the MACs of other WIFI appliances
(laptops, handheld games, etc.)

The only thing that I did not touch on here is the updated status of your system. The info
provided (>link here<) shows that the latest is version 2.76 (in adjunct to v2.70). The last link
shows you how to obtain updates and install them.

One last question, does the PS3 have a standard ethernet port? If so, use that to temporarily
get online to at least verify that the system works. If you need updates, using the auto update
feature that way is probably the best.

Finally, on the Playstation pages I linked to, links are shown in BOLD WHITE. Click on any of
these to find out more.

Hopefully these tips help.

CeaSaR
Hey, what do I know?
lilaxian

Post by lilaxian »

How can i run a cord from my laptop to my PS3 to get internet on my PS3? I am in the ARMY and currently stationed in Honduras C.A. I can pick up wireless signals on my PS3 but the router im picking it up from want let my PS3 connect only my laptop. So I was wondering if their is any way i could run a cord from my laptop to my PS3? Thanks for the help oh yeah if I can what type of cable do i need?