voice controlled robot

Interested in Robotics? Here's the place to be.
DANISH KHAN

voice controlled robot

Post by DANISH KHAN »

hi, i am working on a robot for model presentation...i want my robot to perform three basic task..
1)recognise its name
2)moves in the direction of the caller when called
3)recognises the voice of any particular person...
for 1) and 2)..i think computer interfacing would be done with a speech recognition software........ for 2)...i am think of using 4 microphones for recieving the sound...the robot will move in the direction of the microphone which recieves the maximunm sound intensity...but i dont know what circuitry and computer interfacing will be involved in all these things...i.e how to bring the ideas into practical form....so plz tell me about all the circuitry involved and the computer interfacing involved in the robot....do reply....
HighFrequency

Post by HighFrequency »

See my reply to your submarine post.
There is only one correct answer, mine.
bodgy

Post by bodgy »

Are you and maxpanyeromit the same person?

Because both projects seem similar.

Have a look at ultrasonic range finding as far as your, 4 microphone problem is concerned - just for the idea of what you'll need to do.

Do an interent search for clap recognition circuits - multiply them by 4 and then you're left with working out a way to recognise signal intensity.

Colin
On a clear disk you can seek forever.
ku7485

Post by ku7485 »

Start simple and build from that. Try looking for Voice Recognition Modules. Google them if you want. A nice one is the VoiceRecognition Stamp:

http://www.sensoryinc.com/html/products/vrstamp.html