Universities offering courses on Robotics??

Interested in Robotics? Here's the place to be.
neo_15951

Universities offering courses on Robotics??

Post by neo_15951 »

hello frnds,
i know its pretty odd to ask such a question out here. Can someone tell me universities offering good Robotics courses in USA. i m searching for more on controls side & not much on the Software side.

thanx in advance!
ku7485

Post by ku7485 »

You can teach yourself robotics. I'm sure other people on this forum will tell you about great kits you can buy and other great links. Try looking at Parallax for a start. :grin:
neo_15951

Post by neo_15951 »

ya thts true ... but i wud like to take up a job in robotics company & for which i must b having proper knowledge for it! hoep u get my point
Sambuchi

Post by Sambuchi »

where in the US are you looking?
hp

Post by hp »

Try looking at Carnegie Mellon University's Robotics Institute at: http://www.ri.cmu.edu/ . It seems like they offer undergraduate minors and graduate degrees in robotics.

I have seen many robotics related things come out of CMU. You may have heard of the CMU CAM, which was developed by the computer science and robotics institute at CMU. You can read up on this masterpiece at: http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~cmucam/ .

Harrison
neo_15951

Post by neo_15951 »

Hey thanx for CMU .... but do u know any more univs?
theres no specific state i m looking for ... i m just looking for good courses
BTW i m searching for GRadate courses

thanx u all for ur help
Dick Swan

Post by Dick Swan »

Scan for all the universities that entered the DARPA Grand Challenge Robotics contest. These are likely to be schools that have good robotics programs.

Stanford also comes to mind.
Jared5755

Post by Jared5755 »

I think a good article (or small blurb) to put in Servo would be to list all the "top Robotics Universities". Especially with the FIRST competitions, there are a lot of students out there looking to emphasize in robotics in college.

Dick, that's good advice. I'm thinking about entering graduate school and would like to do something with robotics.

Jared
ElectricWraith

Post by ElectricWraith »

Dick Swan wrote:Scan for all the universities that entered the DARPA Grand Challenge Robotics contest. These are likely to be schools that have good robotics programs.

Stanford also comes to mind.
Spot on. UMASS Amherst also has a good program.