servo matching

Interested in Robotics? Here's the place to be.
High4Volts

servo matching

Post by High4Volts »

Ok let me try another question. How would one match a servo motor to a gecko driver G320 board? Thanks! Gecko Website
dhebert

Re: servo matching

Post by dhebert »

The major specs for the G320: 18 to 80v , 0-20 amp, and recommended 200 CPR (count per revolution ) encoder.<p>Any encoder with TTL output on the A and B quadrature outputs is suitable for this drive.<p>Pittman makes such DC motors and gear motors.
www.automationexpress.com/Products/About_Pittman.htm , they can be $100 for the smaller. $200 for the largest 14000 series, and up to $250 for the GM or gearmotor series, all avalable with 500 CPR encoder.
It takes some searching but the encoder is the Hewlet Packard HED 5100 which is a match for the Gecko drive G320.
I have used all three sizes of Pittman servo motors and gearhead servo motors for work and hobby. CNC routers and 3D wood carving.

There are many more such as micromo, baldor.
At www.altavista.com enter "DC servo motors" for a search.

The last question is how powerful a motor do you need. With the Pittman motors this makes the difference between a $100 or $250 motor.<p>Surplus sources are hit or miss. But still a DC motor about 24 V with TTL encoder are the keywords to look for in the motor description. <p>Best regards
Don Hebert
Long Beach Ca.
Don Hebert
Long Beach Ca.
High4Volts

Post by High4Volts »

Thanks Don, that clears a little of the air. I did find two boards from an old optocopy camera my company was going to throw in the trash. The board is at MicroKinetics.com . Would these be overkill? :D
High4Volts

Post by High4Volts »

forgot to mention that i am trying to build a cnc wood router.