Brains for robots

Interested in Robotics? Here's the place to be.
hlreed

Brains for robots

Post by hlreed »

Anyone interested in how to build brains for robots, please contact me and I will tell you how.
[email protected]
http://www.halbrain.com<p>[ January 16, 2002: Message edited by: Harold ]</p>
Harold L. Reed
Microbes got brains
picputer

Re: Brains for robots

Post by picputer »

Perhaps a less cerebral but more geeky approach would be to emebbed a PicPuter in the bot.<p>Its a free basic interpreter for a pic microcontroller. With 8 ADC channels, CCP, 2 free timers, random number generator, and lots of digital IO pins, it seems like an easy way to read the input of sensors.<p>The author is looking to extend its usefulness in robotics and is considering adding better servo control, multiple PWM channels, and automated PPM decoding.
hlreed

Post by hlreed »

Hal algebra is a language that maps to HalNodes and cables that designs or describes any robot or machine with sensors and motors.
Sensors read nature and write data streams. Motors read data and work on nature. Brains mediate between sensors and motors, reducing the input complexity to match that of the motor.
I will be glad to send anyone a free paper on this if you will provide the email address.
Thanks
Harold L. Reed
Microbes got brains
picputer

Post by picputer »

PicPuter is a free basic interpreter for a pic microcontroller. Why pay a hundered dollars just to program basic on a PIC when you can do it for free. Full 16 bit math (* / + - >> <&lt ;) Logic (AND OR XOR NAND NOR) and Boolean Math (> < >= <= == !=) in an easy to program algebraic language.<p>Best of all, programming requires only a terminal program. (Linux,Mac,PC,Amiga,C64 Compatable)<p>
Great for Robotics!