cnc cutting machine from dremmel

Interested in Robotics? Here's the place to be.
kaighn80

cnc cutting machine from dremmel

Post by kaighn80 »

hi im new so if i ask a few silly questions im sorry in advance.
ok ive built a cnc cutting machine using some water resistant mdf and an old dremmel i had spare, ive bought 10 stepper motors for the princely sum of 35 pounds and now im stuck i need a pcb design for a controller that will use L293D Stepper Motor Drivers and be able to provide enough current and voltage for my motors. they are japan servo co ltd type kp6ap8-302 12v dc 32.5 ohm/phase 7.5degree/step. i was hoping to use free software that uses the printer port on an old laptop to run it but i'll take what i can get. any help would be much appreciated.
psycho

Re: cnc cutting machine from dremmel

Post by psycho »

I have been thinking about building a CNC machine for a couple years to do isolation routed PCBs. The place to go for CNC questions is http://www.cnczone.com. Go to the forum section.

This forum is great for electronics but that place has a bunch of CNC gurus!

Hope it helps and let us know how it works out!
Kevin
CeaSaR

Post by CeaSaR »

I researched this a couple of years ago and there were quite a few G-code programs out there, mostly
for DOS or DOS based versions of Windows (up through '98), at that time. One I still have bookmarked
is CStep. This guy has links to his program and other technical info for controls and machines. Take a
look there and do some searching for G-codes. You should be able to find most of what you are looking for
through the search engines. Beware though, Geocities, AOL Hometown and a number of the old biggies
in the free website players have shut those down. :cry:

Let us know what you have come up with. There are a number of members here who would like to do DIY CNC.

CeaSaR
Hey, what do I know?
kaighn80

Post by kaighn80 »

i came here from cnczone they recomended you, im still having problems finding anything out about the pcb and i havent got the funds to buy something like a gecko or similar which is why ive built the machine from waterproof mdf and an old dremmel, but if any one wants the info on the cnc table (xyz axis) then pm me and i'll send you the design
CeaSaR

Post by CeaSaR »

From what I can glean on the web about your stepper motors is that they are the uni-polar type.
This is the datasheet for them. I have found some info on drivers out there, but I think this instructable
should put you on the right path, or at least give some of the more design inclined members a starting point.

CeaSaR
Hey, what do I know?
kaighn80

Post by kaighn80 »

found this and im going to give it a try sending the misses to get me a breadboard to start it off today have a look and let me know what you think
http://buildyourcnc.com/PCBprototype.aspx
psycho

Post by psycho »

Spam above. Point your mouse just below the last line.

--edit
The message was deleted
--