Cell Phone Jammer

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
texassoftware

Cell Phone Jammer

Post by texassoftware »

Does any body have onformation on how to build a jammer for cell phones Thanks
bodgy

Re: Cell Phone Jammer

Post by bodgy »

Sounds illegal to me!<p>Basically though many jammers work by swamping the original signal with a higher output on the broadcasting frequency.<p>If your talking digital signal then Spread Spectrum techniques make jamming difficult.<p>Though if your game to climb a mobile tower put your hand on the feedback port of the diplexor and bang it with a hammer, you could cause its IM frequency to go out of tolerance and hey presto no phone transmission.<p>Still 850-869MHz at 3-6W it's your life if you want to test playing with microwave frequencies.<p>bodgy
On a clear disk you can seek forever.
Chris Smith

Post by Chris Smith »

Bodgy, or phones work at much highr freq, like the 1700s and even the turkey cooking freq for older phones.
unknown_entity

Post by unknown_entity »

Isn't this about the 3rd time this topic has come up? Well, here's an idea that'll kill the cell phones. Get a microwave oven bypass the door switches, open the door set it on 80 power and point it in the general direction of the cell phone you wish to jam and then the cell phone and person using it will turn a nice golden brown.
Ha Ha Ha.
But seriously don't do something like i just said thats just stupid. <p>But i have a serious question how much power does a cell phone put out?
bodgy

Post by bodgy »

True, but the diplexors work at 850 - 870 MHz, I work for a company currently building just a few (1200) for a certain American company (rhymes with abscent)who is more well known in the public arena for modems.<p>For Info - if anybody gets hold of a base station diplexor, you'll find (apart from its weight) that inside is nothing but silvered metal a number of screws(tuners) some strange upside down top hat things(resonators),a couple of things that look like resonators doing a Darlek impression (transformers), a handful of cross couplers and if active one LNA.<p>You should see the difference in db deviation from spectrum and IM if the silvering or minute specks of dirt are in the filters.<p>HF at medium power is also a very good poor solder joint finder. The frequency just vibrates the solder out of the join.<p>It's also fun when occasionally there is one loud POP when the diplexor fails the HF/HP test.<p>bodgy<p>[ May 04, 2002: Message edited by: bodgy ]</p>
HomeBrew

Post by HomeBrew »

I recently saw a TV news report of a church that was using a short range cell-phone jammer to stop ringing during church services. The pastor said on camera that it worked very well, but he never said where the church got it. The reporter said this was a growing trend in cities where EVERYONE has a cell-phone. Also, movie theaters are considering using them to quiet down the phones during movies. They must be available ,just don't know where.
HomeBrew

Post by HomeBrew »

Well i did find a dealer at globalgadgetuk.com You might check it out.
bodgy

Post by bodgy »

It's easier to make a hand held mobile phone sniffer, and if a trianglation aerial is used then you would be able to pin point the person in the room, wander up to them and embarrass or frisk which ever does it for you in front of the assembled mob.<p>
bodgy