HELP WITH FCC TO DISPLAY INSTRUCTIONS

Electronics Computer Programming Q&A
mikeb

HELP WITH FCC TO DISPLAY INSTRUCTIONS

Post by mikeb »

IM TRYING TO WRITE A SIMPLY PROGRAM USING THE HC11 FCC INSTRUCTION ie.
MSG1 FCC 'HELLO '
AND THE HC11 SPI THAT WILL DISPLAY CHARACTERS ON THE DISPLAY SCREEN. IM USING REGISTER X TO LOAD THE MSG1 ie.
LDX #MSG1
IT WOULD APPEAR THAT WHEN THE PROGRAM GETS TO THE LDX PART OF THE PROGRAM IT GETS STUCK AN WONT EXECUTE CODE FROM THAT POINT. IM SURE THE SPI IS INIATIALIZED PROPERLY BECAUSE I FIRST TURN IT ON $0D WITH A BLINKIN CURSOR. SO I KNOW THE PROGRAM IS PROPAGATING UP TO THE POINT OF LOADING THE INDEX REGISTER X WITH THE ADDRESS OF THE MESSAGE. ANY HELP WILL BE MOST APPRECIATED.
bodgy

Re: HELP WITH FCC TO DISPLAY INSTRUCTIONS

Post by bodgy »

Were there no examples on that HC11 site?<p>What about application notes for the uP?<p>Have you googled around the net for a solution.<p>I only play with Pics, MSPs some 8051's and shortly H8s, so I can't answer your question specifically.<p>What is the FCC instruction? My only guess maybe that you may not be setting the program to the right address in memory. Is LOADx a command for direct or indirect addressing, perhaps you are not pointing to your table correctly.<p>Try just sending one character - not the flashing cursor, just in case the default display shows a flashing cursor, which of course would mean you are not getting as far in your code as you thought.<p>Other things to check is watchdog timer (if it has one), perhaps you are timing out and the uP is resetting.<p>Colin
On a clear disk you can seek forever.