A Stereo 7 Band Parametric Equalizer.

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
jbediako

A Stereo 7 Band Parametric Equalizer.

Post by jbediako »

Hi, Forum members,
Can anyone please help me by providing me with a schematics for a multiband(7 or more)Parametric Equalizer for my home brewed Stereo Audio Amplifier?
I can easily work from schematics but kindly provide me with a code listing if this project needs one. I am just a baby on P-Basic programming, learning how to walk with my recently purchased Parallax's BS2p24 Demo Board. Fax#: 718-271-7329 if you need to fax me a schematics. Many thanks. John.
Dimbulb

Re: A Stereo 7 Band Parametric Equalizer.

Post by Dimbulb »

Because some DSP boards have come down in price some have tryed to interface these with a pic controller with an lcd matrix.<p>While it is true that we may all someday have to program the digital surplus. Understanding the analog equipment has been a struggle enough for me.<p>Possibly a project that uses just one nice digital audio IC will give you some pic interfacing. If I am understanding where your at
with microprocessors possibly becoming familiar with this stuff is gonna be one step at a time.<p>The good part is you already have the amp and now your ready for an equalizer most of which is controlled by sliding potentiometers so a mod would envolve the digital equivalent.<p>[ April 05, 2003: Message edited by: 1206DX ]</p>
Externet

Post by Externet »

Hi John<p>My boss invented those in the pure analog sixties, we do not build it any more, but try our site to examine the 642B schematic:<p>ftp://ftp.orban.com/<p>Now they are all DSP driven.<p>Miguel
- Abolish the deciBel ! -
jbediako

Post by jbediako »

Many thanks to all who responded to my post; A Stereo 7 Band Parametric Equalizer. <p>Hi, Miguel,
Your site and the 642B schematic you referenced was very useful and educational but was not suitable for my application. The search continues. Thank you again. John.