News Flash

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
jimandy

News Flash

Post by jimandy »

The Whitfield Pellet Stove Company announces a merger with FlashyBlinkeyLights.com to produce the world's first Magnetic Whitfield Magic Pellet Body Light Stove.<p>Their logo..."Stay warm while you let your love light shine."
"if it's not another it's one thing."
jwax

Re: News Flash

Post by jwax »

This turning into a "Nuts and Jokes" forum.
WA2RBA
josmith

Post by josmith »

Crazy people and units of electromotive force.
jimandy

Post by jimandy »

Well, you say, the ranting of a madman? But consider if the body piercing industry joins with the Magic Magnetic Flashing Light group. On a hot date your girl friend opens her mouth to reveal a winkey blinkey tongue. "Ah, my dear,...", you ask, "how many picoamnps is required to power that jewel and how long will it run?"
"No problem, duckee", she replies. "I have a one-farad capacitor inserted behind my uvula. All I have to do is suck on the aluminum foil coating of a chewing gum stick and the resulting voltaic potential between the aluminum and my lead based fillings will recharge the light in two days."
"But what if there is no ready source of Wrigley's?" I queried.
"I'm working on that", she replied with a mischievous grin. "Did you know you can make hydrogen from saliva? By 2007 we will all have fuel cells in place of dentures!"
(edited for spelling. Try to write a post that long and see if you get it right the first time :)<p>[ February 19, 2005: Message edited by: jimandy ]</p>
Mike6158

Post by Mike6158 »

Oh :( I was hoping for an aluminum condom :eek:
"If the nucleus of a sodium atom were the size of a golf ball, the outermost electrons would lie 2 miles away. Atoms, like galaxies, are cathedrals of cavernous space. Matter is energy."
CeaSaR

Post by CeaSaR »

:D ;) <p>CeaSaR
Hey, what do I know?
terri

Post by terri »

For the man of steel?<p>[ February 19, 2005: Message edited by: terri ]</p>
terri wd0edw
Edd

Post by Edd »

*****Flash*****<p>Breaking late news bulletin #2<p>
………………………………….REWARD OFFERING<p>A REWARD OF 500 MICROFARADS IS OFFERED FOR THE INFORMATION LEADING TO THE ARREST OF HOP-A-LONG CAPACITY. THIS UNRECTIFIED CRIMINAL ESCAPED FROM A WESTERN PRIMARY CELL WHERE HE HAD BEEN CLAMPED IN IONS AWAITING THE GAUSS CHAMBER. <p>HE IS CHARGED WITH THE INDUCTION OF AN 18 TURN COIL NAMED MILLI HENRY WHO WAS FOUND CHOKED AND ROBBED OF VALUABLE JOULES. HE IS ARMED WITH A CARBON ROD AND IS A POTENTIAL KILLER. CAPACITY IS ALSO CHARGED WITH DRIVING DC MOTOR OVER A WHEATSTONE BRIDGE AND REFUSING TO LET THE BAND-PASS. <p>IF ENCOUNTERED, HE MAY OFFER SERIES OF RESISTANCE. THE ELECTROMOTIVE FORCE SPENT THE NIGHT SEARCHING FOR HIM IN A MAGNETIC FIELD, WHERE HE HAD GONE TO EARTH. THEY HAD NO SUCCESS AND BELIEVED HE HAD RETURNED OHM VIA A SHORT CIRCUIT.

HE WAS LAST SEEN RIDING A KILOCYCLE WITH HIS FRIEND EDDY CURRENT WHO WAS PLAYING A HARMONIC. <p> :D :D <p>www.iband.com/clipart/update_animate3.gif<p>[ May 14, 2005: Message edited by: Edd Whatley ]</p>
terri

Post by terri »

terri wd0edw
Mike6158

Post by Mike6158 »

So was that TTTTTTTTTT or TOTOTOTOTOTO or OOOOOOOOOO or MMMMMMMM or TMTMTMTMTMTM or TMT TMT TMT OR TOM TOM or MOT MOT or MTO... etc etc<p>Isn't it interesting how many different character groups that a row of dashes can represent?<p>T
M
O
0 as in the number 0<p>and all the variations thereof... :)
"If the nucleus of a sodium atom were the size of a golf ball, the outermost electrons would lie 2 miles away. Atoms, like galaxies, are cathedrals of cavernous space. Matter is energy."
Enzo

Post by Enzo »

Looks like we're not in Kansas anymore, TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO.
terri

Post by terri »

No, that was the regular line of dashes before the sig line. You will notice there were no words in the post, signifying I was at a loss for words.<p>I was whelmed. Whelmed, I tell you. So whelmed I could not find words. Whelmed, was I.<p>Nice to know some folks still know the code.<p>I remember when I was practicing the code my Elmer once sent me e, i, s, h and 5 and I nearly freaked out. <p>. .. ... .... .....<p>[ February 20, 2005: Message edited by: terri ]</p>
terri wd0edw
jollyrgr

Post by jollyrgr »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by CeaSaR.:
:D ;) <p>CeaSaR<hr></blockquote><p>Ever see the Nightstar and "Forever" flashlights? They are flashlights using a white LED, capacitor, magnet, and coil of wire. The cap is charged by shaking the flashlight horizontally in a rythmic motion making the magnet move in and out of the coil. If I describe any more what this resembles we will have a moderator and I'll get banned.
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message. But billions of electrons, photons, and electromagnetic waves were terribly inconvenienced!
jimandy

Post by jimandy »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr> ...horizontally in a rythmic motion making the magnet move in and out... <hr></blockquote><p>Now there's one JOLLY Roger!
CeaSaR

Post by CeaSaR »

Exactly the reason for the "forced" oh, nevermind!<p>Now back to the question of which way is better to recharge said light, electrochemical or mech...<p>CeaSaR
(Grab thy history books to see what happened to my namesake, and you will see the method to my madness. :p )
Hey, what do I know?