Anyone here familiar with BT Audio?

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
dacflyer

Anyone here familiar with BT Audio?

Post by dacflyer »

I was given a few BT Audio items, Made by "RocketFish" Both units are different sizes, and labeled as ( SENDER ) One is a front speaker unit,, the other is a real speaker unit.. You connect your own speakers to it.
there is no audio input. I have tried to connect with my Tablet, It detects nothing, but the blue led blinks slowly...there is a Connect button on the bottom, you hold it for more then 2 seconds and the Blue led blinks fast.. Still no connect.. I cannot find info anywhere...only that Best Buy sold it..
I'm not sure if the set needs a special master unit to connect to it all,,And i can't with my Tablet.
Would like to do something with these if i can..

Does BT Audio work both ways ? send and receive ? or only 1 way ?
CeaSaR

Re: Anyone here familiar with BT Audio?

Post by CeaSaR »

Bluetooth is just the protocol for the wireless transmission of data. There are other things that are BT that send/receive, such as mice and Keyboards and some BT dongles that you can use with your phone that have Mic built in to make/take calls.

There are some that are only set up to receive, and these may be that way.

When you try to connect (during fast blink), have you made sure to Discover Nearby Devices? That's usually under the settings when you turn on BT on your tablet/computer/phone.
Hey, what do I know?
dacflyer

Post by dacflyer »

I have....no luck..
Some correction.. I had to break out my magnifying glass.. both units are same model number, but i just saw that one is a sender and other is a receiver.
What threw me off was that the sender is Speaker lever inputs... I was looking for Line input... I thought I could use my tablet to work with it..
I got both units to finally link...Before i tried only one at a time..When i tried both, they linked up right away..
So, not what i expected... I also found that these aren't cheap either.. $150.00 for the pair ( BestBuy ).. Phuuu... Was given to me..
Would be neat if i was able to connect my tablet to them... Oh well...
Thanks anyway..
CeaSaR

Post by CeaSaR »

Well that's a strange contraption. I guess there's a use case for it, but it begs the question Why? I do know the name Rocket Fish, just never really looked at anything from them / it.

Yeah, it really defeats the purpose of having BT on the sending device if you have to tether it, especially with Speaker level.

Maybe, if you have an older combo receiver with a record player/tape/8-track/etc. that is low power, but you have a higher power amp and good speakers you want to set at the opposite side of the room, you could use it that way. Other than that, I've got nothing. :)
Hey, what do I know?
Janitor Tzap

Post by Janitor Tzap »

Looks like Rocketfish products are sold exclusively by Best Buy.
Here's a link to their website: https://www.rocketfishproducts.com/

They have a product search that may be helpful.

Signed: Janitor Tzap
dyarker

Post by dyarker »

Wireless speakers?
Hook the sender to the speaker outputs of an amplifier , or maybe via the 3.5mm plug on PC.
The speakers connect to the other unit on the other side of the room without wires between.
Just a guess.

Cheers,
Dale Y
CeaSaR

Post by CeaSaR »

^^ But with speaker level inputs? More like the Department of Redundancy Department. Just move the kit to the other side of the room and save the $150 for more music. (If anyone actually buys physical media anymore)
There I go being practical again. My shrink told me I need to stop doing that or people might suspect there's something wrong with me :D :D
Hey, what do I know?