help, need diode

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
frhrwa
Location: Eastern Washington (state) and N. Las Vegas (winter)

Post by frhrwa »

Edd... thats the one.. thats exactly what I need, now to get them in my hands... any ideas who might sell these.. and not backorder for weeks? or maybe you have some in your stock you may want to sell fast?... thanks, Wayne 360 721 7099
frhrwa
Location: Eastern Washington (state) and N. Las Vegas (winter)

Post by frhrwa »

unfortunately like mentioned in one of the posts above, the diode is mounted in the armature itself, there is just enough room for it to fit nice an snug and with a little gorilla glue to keep it in for sure.. no place to stud mount or to mount anything larger in its place.. only one blew out, but figured if there were a difference, might as well replace both because of the balance of the armature.. thanks to all so far.. still haven't gotten any of these jewels in my hands tho.. wayne
rshayes

Post by rshayes »

The 10A07 that Edd referred to is made by Diodes, Inc. (www.diodes.com). Their web site may guide you to a local distributor.

These diodes are cross referenced by NTE (www.nteinc.com) to their NTE5817HC. NTE parts are packaged and sold as individual devices in retail stores such as Fry's Electronics. Since you only need a couple of them, this is probably the way to go.

NTE lists three distributors in Las Vegas:
American Gaming & Elect. 702-798-5752
Kiesub Elect. Supply 702-733-3888
Sandy's Electronic Parts 702-383-8353

as well as Jameco, Mouser, and MCM Electronics for catalog order.