Simple Pill Bottle Pushbutton Trigger

If you've built a project from the magazine, or have something fun and interesting to share, show it off here!
VernGraner

Simple Pill Bottle Pushbutton Trigger

Post by VernGraner »

As Halloween is approaching, you may find yourself in need of a simple hand-help pushbutton trigger. I put up a web site the shows step by step how to make them. The site is here:

http://www.spiderspreyground.com/howto/pill.html

And here's a few pics to give you an idea of what we're talking about:

Its a rather simple but robust design. :)

Vern
--
Vern Graner
apburner

Re: Simple Pill Bottle Pushbutton Trigger

Post by apburner »

Oh Wow. Good use for used pill bottles. Back in the 70's I had a similar need and I was a smoker back then. So I took one of my plastic cigar holder, (just a round end tube with a bottle cap type closure and mounted a pushbutton in it. worked for many years but got lost in one of my moves. I haven't thought about that thing in a long time thanks
Steve
VernGraner

Post by VernGraner »

apburner wrote:Oh Wow. Good use for used pill bottles. Back in the 70's I had a similar need and I was a smoker back then. So I took one of my plastic cigar holder, (just a round end tube with a bottle cap type closure and mounted a pushbutton in it. worked for many years but got lost in one of my moves. I haven't thought about that thing in a long time thanks
Glad you liked it. :smile: I've built quite a few models of that design since then.. very useful as triggers as well as reaction time games, race starting buttons, quiz show "buzzers" etc. Works a treat. :cool:

Vern
--
Vern Graner
Lenp

Post by Lenp »

I know this is an old post but a snap in style doorbell push button and a large Mueller test clip insulator make a slim and trim cord ended push button.
Len

“To invent, you need a good imagination and a big pile of junk.” (T. Edison)
"I must be on the way to success since I already have the junk". (Me)