micromotors

Interested in Robotics? Here's the place to be.
jme_maka

micromotors

Post by jme_maka »

I would like to make a microrobot but i have a few questions<p>1) I would like some sort of microcontroller, obviously physically small. Does anyone know of any thing that would be able to use (preferablly 68hc11 based)<p>2) i can find small motors but not wheels or tank type treads. does anyone know where i can get these. <p>thanks for any help
L. Daniel Rosa

Re: micromotors

Post by L. Daniel Rosa »

How small? Have you decided what batteries you will use? There are protoboards for 68/84 pin PLCC (generic) and for 64/80 pin TQFP (custom for Microchip devices) that are 2" square.<p>As for wheels, at this size you may save time and money by making your own from washers (steel, brass, nylon), and you can solder, glue or press them together. Tires can be cut from a few layers of rubber sheeet (gasket material). Tank treads may be a bit trickier, but you should be able to find a few sizes of toothed drive belts and their cogs can include star washers.<p>Oh yes, and sealed roller bearings aren't hard to get either. Try your local auto parts store and also your local home improvement warehouse.
John Paul

Re: micromotors

Post by John Paul »

HI, <p>Here is a site with some small wheels and tank treads. <p> http://nelnick.com/tires.html<p>John Paul.