LCD HELP

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
WCE4

LCD HELP

Post by WCE4 »

I am loking for any info and or datasheet on two Stanley LCD Module's the first one has a part # GMF25064ABTW the second is GMF25012GBTW I pick up the displays at a ham meet and was hoping to use them as a display a a FIRST Robot meet coming up. I am a mentor for a High School Robot club
Edd

Re: LCD HELP

Post by Edd »

Just this info on the units, since it looks like Stanley discontinued their manufacture in 1999 as per :
http://www.stanley-components.com/en/di ... search.cfm <p>By their similar numbering the LCD / Dot Matrix Graphic Modules would be made of a dot grid layout of 256 x 64 dots on the first and 256 x 128 on the second unit.
Blue is their activated colorization. A fluorescent cc lamp provides their backlighting illumination.<p>http://www.stanley-components.com/en/products/lcd_2.cfm <p>Only a query to their site would answer as to any possibility of acquisition of copies of old data sheets on them.
Even at that, with their interfacing pin out information, you would still have a tiger by the tail in the complexity of u/p programming/coding for a meaningful utilization of them for custom graphics display.<p>73's de Edd
[email protected] ..….....(Interstellar~~~~Warp~~~Speed)
[email protected]…......(Firewalled-Spam*Cookies*Crumbs)
;) ;) <p>After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead
WCE4

Post by WCE4 »

Thanks for the info I sent a email to Stanley as of this date i have not heard from them.
One of the displays has 5 Epson IC # SED1180F and a input number from 1 to 15 the other has 6 Toshiba IC #T6836 it also has a input # from 1 to 15
philba

Post by philba »

the sed1180 is an LCD segment driver. there should be one other chip on that display that is the controller. If you can find the number, you might be able to find its datasheet.