Project For School: GPS Robot Help

Get help with your Nuts & Volts projects or Kits purchased from Nuts & Volts here.
AceTactic

Project For School: GPS Robot Help

Post by AceTactic »

Hi, im doing a project for my school and i decided to build a robot controlled by a Garmin eTrex Vista. it isn't going to be as complicated as you might think you see this is my first major science project and i wanted to go a little more advanced then the usual things people go with. Im in Junior year of high school and everybody is really exited about the project. I have everything done i have the robot assembled, the chassis is ready and the servos and everything is connected to the board. The thing is im a complete noob at this coding thing; sure i can code the basics but when it comes to something like coding the GPS coordinate that is way over my head. This is my set up

PCB Board
-Parallax Basic Stamp 2 Module
-2 Continuous Rotational servos for steering
-Basic Ping Sensor attached to a 180 degree rotational servo (for basic object avoidance)
-Powering it is a 9v and 6v battery pack.

You see i have the code from someone else who has done this, i found it while reading a robotics magazine but he was using relays instead of the servos i have and i don't understand how to translate the code for the relays to the servos. I have the code here PLEASE help if you can, please teach me how to change this code to fit my setup i have tried everything and i really want to do this. Really appreciate your help. Here's the code...

http://www.servomagazine.com/media-file ... ed_Car.zip

you can open it pretty much with any text editor (textedit, notepad, etc.) as well as using the BS2 program.
VernGraner

Re: Project For School: GPS Robot Help

Post by VernGraner »

AceTactic wrote:Really appreciate your help. Here's the code...
http://www.servomagazine.com/media-file ... ed_Car.zip
Seems the link to the code was damaged.. :sad: Can you retry posting it?

Vern
--
Vern Graner