rc project

Get help with your Nuts & Volts projects or Kits purchased from Nuts & Volts here.
USMC_AJUDEA

rc project

Post by USMC_AJUDEA »

i would like to convert my dc remote control car into a solar powered, wat would be my best approach into doing this?
it is my project for school and it sounds almost impossible to do but i know it can be done.
what components would i need to accomplish this? thank you.
VernGraner

Re: rc project

Post by VernGraner »

USMC_AJUDEA wrote:i would like to convert my dc remote control car into a solar powered, wat would be my best approach into doing this?
it is my project for school and it sounds almost impossible to do but i know it can be done. what components would i need to accomplish this? thank you.
Hello. As you are in school, I thought I might help a bit with your education. :smile: First, read the information located here:

http://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/?tag=WP_GeneralNetiquette

In particular, pay close attention to this excerpt:
Netiquette Guide wrote: 10. Don't ask for help with your homework or uni assignment, unless you've done substantial legwork yourself

The majority of homework questions can be answered through the use of Google or other search engines, and <forum> users tend to be less than sympathetic to cries of "But there's so much information there!" So, do some legwork yourself before you ask on <forum>. However, asking for opinions on something you have already produced — like a web site, piece of code, etc — is considered OK (within reason), but even then it is not a substitute for researching your problems yourself.
The reason you've been given an assignment at school isn't because you're teacher needs an RC car to run on solar power, its because they want you to hone your research skills, perform experiments and discover the path from an RC car to a solar car. To do that requires research and, unlike when I was in school (uphill, in the snow, both ways yadda yadda ;) )you have the power of the internet at your fingertips!

It is a simple matter to do some searches for web sites that document the creation of a small solar powered car and then you can compare what you have (an RC car) to what works as a solar car, then make comparisons that will guide you to your answers.

I hope this has helped guide you in your search for your homework answers. :smile:

Vern
--
Vern Graner