Prop Dropper BS1 code error, "Expected a label"

Get help with your Nuts & Volts projects or Kits purchased from Nuts & Volts here.
Rizzo

Prop Dropper BS1 code error, "Expected a label"

Post by Rizzo »

As I was writing this I figured out the problem so I'll just post the answer.

Running the code in Prop-Dropper_PROP-1(BS1)-1h.bs1 I was getting the error "Expected a label" with the word "Drop" highlighted on line 51. Nothing seemed wrong with the code as far as I could see. Commenting out line 51 the produced almost the same error message at line 69. Apparently it had a problem with the word 'drop" though I don't see it as a reserved word anywhere. Changing it to "MyDrop" and the subroutine label to the same fixed things.
VernGraner

Re: Prop Dropper BS1 code error, "Expected a label"

Post by VernGraner »

Rizzo wrote:As I was writing this I figured out the problem so I'll just post the answer.

Running the code in Prop-Dropper_PROP-1(BS1)-1h.bs1 I was getting the error "Expected a label" with the word "Drop" highlighted on line 51. Nothing seemed wrong with the code as far as I could see. Commenting out line 51 the produced almost the same error message at line 69. Apparently it had a problem with the word 'drop" though I don't see it as a reserved word anywhere. Changing it to "MyDrop" and the subroutine label to the same fixed things.
Sorry about that! You are right, version "1h" actually has two minor syntax errors! I've corrected the code and made it available here:

Prop-Dropper-Code-r2.zip

Thanks for finding (and fixing!) the errors. Also, if you get a chance, please let me know how your Prop Dropper works and how you used it! :)

Vern
--
Vern Graner