Voice Changer PCB Circuit Request

Get help with your Nuts & Volts projects or Kits purchased from Nuts & Volts here.
mariano

Voice Changer PCB Circuit Request

Post by mariano »

Hello everyone i am going to tell you about this problem i have.
I am in last year of highschool and we need do do a project of our choice, i have benn looking and found out about this voice changer circuit in Nuts And Volts magazine and i really liked it so we decided to build it on our own, (i am form argentina and there is no way for me to get the kit for this project), everything is fine but in the magazine there is no pcb layout for this project, i was wondering if a member from this comunity could do me favor and post it here so i can draw it.
I have been trying to draw it by miself but the programs i use dont give me the results i want so i would really apreciate if someone could lend me a hand on this.
I am sorry for my english but i think you unsdertand me :grin:
Thanks in advance.

Mariano
CeaSaR

Re: Voice Changer PCB Circuit Request

Post by CeaSaR »

If you would tell us in what issue (month/year) it was published, I'm sure one of the members
would be able to help you out.

CeaSaR
Hey, what do I know?
psycho

Post by psycho »

Where exactly did you see it? What issue/page?

Kevin
CeaSaR

Post by CeaSaR »

A quick search on the N/V website back issues shows May 2008 (cover has a slotcar on it),
starting on page 40. Project is to make a voice changer circuit that emulates the sound of
the Daleks on Dr. Who. A quick flip through the issue shows that the boards may be purchased
through the N/V webstore. As such, no PCB artwork was shown, just a parts placement diagram
along with the schematic.

You up for it Kevin? I don't have any layout software. All my stuff has been pt-2-pt wiring.

CeaSaR
Hey, what do I know?
mariano

Post by mariano »

Thank you guys for repliying so quickly.
As CeaSaR said it was on May 2008 and there is no pcb artwork there so i was wondering if any of you could help me out on this one. We are almost at the end of the school year and if i pass or not depends on this project.
Still its up to you guys i you wanna help me or not but if someone have it please post it here!
psycho

Post by psycho »

How soon do you need it? I will give it a try - I am trying to learn eagle anyway.

If you want to do it yourself, go over to cadsoft.de and download the trial version of eagle.

Kevin
mariano

Post by mariano »

Thanks kevin you really are helping me out, as for the time, ive got no rush in fact ive got weeks, since i have to do the report of my project first´. Take it easy and post it here eventualy, i will check tath program when i have time since i got my hand full with school
greetings

:smile: mariano
Larry Lemieux

Post by Larry Lemieux »

The voice changer circuit was created using Express PCBs free software. If it would help, we could make the file available.
psycho

Post by psycho »

Thanks Larry,
He needs the artwork for the PCB layout. It sounds as if ordering the PCB is not really an option for him since he is 1) a kid in high school and 2) he is overseas.

Kevin
Larry Lemieux

Post by Larry Lemieux »

psycho wrote:Thanks Larry,
He needs the artwork for the PCB layout. It sounds as if ordering the PCB is not really an option for him since he is 1) a kid in high school and 2) he is overseas.

Kevin
That's what I thought. Didn't know if there might be software available to convert the Express file into something that can be imported into another program.

Larry
CeaSaR

Post by CeaSaR »

Do you know if the Express PCB software shows a print preview or similar? If so, a screen capture and
import into some picture software can scale it to actual size. Due to the screen resolution, you might
then need to do some touch up, but it is not impossible.

CeaSaR
Hey, what do I know?
psycho

Post by psycho »

I would think that it can. But, I have never used it before so I can't say for sure.

Kevin
Larry Lemieux

Post by Larry Lemieux »

CeaSaR wrote:Do you know if the Express PCB software shows a print preview or similar? If so, a screen capture and
import into some picture software can scale it to actual size. Due to the screen resolution, you might
then need to do some touch up, but it is not impossible.

CeaSaR
The file can be exported as a .bmp and opened in most graphics programs. You also can turn the individual layers on/off and print them separately.

I have included the file in case anyone wants to play with it. You can get the program from www.expresspcb.com

Larry
Attachments
Voice ChangerMasterRev1.1.pcb
Voice ChangerMasterRev1.1.pcb (22.78 KiB) Viewed 12370 times
psycho

Post by psycho »

Thanks, Larry! If this doesn't work, I'll just recreate the schematic and board. Who has downloaded it? I am not good with gfx software - esp. since I don't have anything except the paint program that comes with windows. I need to d/l open office again.

Kevin
CeaSaR

Post by CeaSaR »

Kevin,

Is GIMP a part of OpenOffice? If not, you can download it from their site www.gimp.org.
It is free and works similarly to Photoshop.

CeaSaR
Hey, what do I know?