mistralXG

Get help with your Nuts & Volts projects or Kits purchased from Nuts & Volts here.
steverus

mistralXG

Post by steverus »

For some reason, the bootloader code for the mistralXG project (MistralBoot.hex) and the Eagle schematic have been omitted from the download zipfiles. I have asked the N&V people to make them available.

While the bitmap schematic is adequate for constructing the project, mistralXG will not work without the bootloader being burned into the PIC18F2550.

Steve Russell.
Michael Kaudze
Site Admin

Re: mistralXG

Post by Michael Kaudze »

The correct files are now in the zip file. Thanks Steve.

http://www.nutsvolts.com/media-files/mistralXG_Code.zip
Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change. Stephen William Hawking.
steverus

Bug found

Post by steverus »

While continuing work on mistralXG, I found a bug that means the device doesn't always reset cleanly when power is applied. Unfortunately, the neatest solution is a minor change to the bootloader code, which cannot be updated over USB, you'll need to use a device programmer to burn the code into your PIC18F2550. The file is attached.

If you've already burned the old bootloader into the device and don't want to have to re-burn, there is an alternative, hardware-based, workaround. All that is required is a 10K pull-up resistor between RB7 and Vcc.

For the technically-curious, the Microchip bootloader (which I modified slightly to use an alternative pin of Port B as the trigger) does not enable the internal Port B pull-ups before testing the button. Presumably, the original Microchip board had the pull-up in-circuit. I've simply modified the bootloader to switch on the pull-ups before testing the switch.

Steve
steverus

Re: mistralXG

Post by steverus »

Schematic updates and a PCB design for mistralXG are now available on my own website http://www.grapevyne.com/pic.projects.

Steve.