Kronos Flyer Series

mrlich

Re: Kronos Flyer Series

Post by mrlich »

What is the secret to opening the Naza Sbus file. I downloaded the Dll file opener with no success. Any suggestions.
msimpson

Post by msimpson »

You can not open the Naza Sbus file directly. You have to download the Futaba file utility.(Links are on my site). You have have a 1GB SD card. (Dont use a larger card) Follow the import and export instructions on my website.

FYI I just went throug them and the work fine.
RaySuave

Post by RaySuave »

msimpson wrote:Added a GPS and camera to the micro drone and took it for a test run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=On0tSJmb ... e=youtu.be
I am using a Naza and GPS along with the same motors and esc's you have on this micro drone installed on a 1 piece, 3D printed micro H frame. I have been having issues trying to dial in the correct Naza gains. I am having to use low gains (40 to 60) to get rid of extreme oscillations to produce a decent hover, but the craft reacts too slow to the flight control corrections. I tried putting a KK2 controller on it yesterday and having similar issues.

Can you post your Naza and KK2 gain settings for this micro drone quad?

BTW, the universal Naza mount I received from you is excellent but as I said in the email sent to you, I need to make an adapter plate so the UNM can be attached to flight controller board standard 45mm hole spacing. I have 3 different types of micro quads I want to be able to swap the Naza between. If you ever decide to make such an adapter plate, please let me know so I can purchase one. I have the feeling it will be a better design than the one I am currently making.

Thanks in advance....
msimpson

Post by msimpson »

Im not going to post KK2 settings, as I have never really dialed thos in and I am sure they have come up with firware changes since.

As for the NAZA, I am using the default settings on all my craft. I will oftain tie one or more gains to a knob on my radio and change them on the fly. If you are getting bad ossolations on the NAZA there is probably something else to blame. In other words, I use the same settings on my large quad as I do on the small one and its pretty stable.
RaySuave

Post by RaySuave »

msimpson wrote:Im not going to post KK2 settings, as I have never really dialed thos in and I am sure they have come up with firware changes since.

As for the NAZA, I am using the default settings on all my craft. I will oftain tie one or more gains to a knob on my radio and change them on the fly. If you are getting bad ossolations on the NAZA there is probably something else to blame. In other words, I use the same settings on my large quad as I do on the small one and its pretty stable.
OK, glad to know. Yeah I thought about other issues also since I bought the motors and ESC used from a Turnigy Micro Quad package. The motors/esc seem to operate fine when running them individually. So far, I have only used the Naza on the micro quad I'm having issues with, should have the other two ready in a few days.
mrlich

Post by mrlich »

MIKE, I am up and running with the Naza M V2. I have one problem. I downloaded your Naza S Bus file and put it on an SD card. I then picked it off the card and it runs on my Futaba. One question, my motor speed is too fast, that is at startup. It is so fast that as soon as I start the motors the Quad takes off. I have to keep the motors going or they will shut off if the throttle is too low. I figure the adjustment is somewhere in the software but where it is located is the problem. Can you give me a clue or another file that will fix this malady. I would greatly appreciate any help.

THANK YOU,
GARY LICHTENSTEIN
msimpson

Post by msimpson »

The Fast motors have nothting to do with the radio or its settings. You have to connect your NAZA to you rPC and change the "Motor Idle Speed" under the Motot Tuning Tab to Low instead of normal.

That should solve your problem.
mrlich

Post by mrlich »

MIKE,
I did have the idle speed set to low and I reset it just to make sure. I am not sure what low speed is compared to high speed. Are there any other adjustments to make. I want to know about the IOC switch. When I check the IOC box it will not light up unless I recalibrate the GPS. Any thoughts on this. What is the final weight of your Kronos Flyer? THANKS, GARY
msimpson

Post by msimpson »

Did you calibrate the NAZA to your Futaba? You have to do that.
mrlich

Post by mrlich »

MIKE, I cannot find any subject in either manual for calibrating the Naza/Futaba to each other. Please advise me how this is accomplished.
One other thing, what is the weight of your finished Flyer. I know you have many units, just the one in the article. That would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS,
GARY
msimpson

Post by msimpson »

Download and read the NAZA manual.
Here is what I have on my website:
http://www.kronosrobotics.com/multiroto ... ndex.shtml
mrlich

Post by mrlich »

Mike, can u supply the finished weight of one or two of your Kronos Flyers. I just want to compare weight. I discovered the anti-vib set that you made out of laser cut wood. Do you have this set for sale? Please let me know. Thanks in advance.
MRLICH
msimpson

Post by msimpson »

The anti-vibration is part of my FRMP system (Flying Robotics Modular Platform)
http://www.kronosrobotics.com/multiroto ... ndex.shtml

A fully equipped Hex (without battery) is about 1900g. A fully equipped quad (without battery) is about 1090g.
mrlich

Post by mrlich »

Mike, when I launched the kronos it went straight up and wobbled in place. What causes the wobbling? What do I need to adjust. Thanks in advance.

GARY
msimpson

Post by msimpson »

If it stayed in place and did not crash then it could be:

Bad or unbalanced prop.
Loose or unbalanced motor.

Are you using a NAZA? Have you set it up and calibrated the radio?