Annoy-O-Matic

eburman

Annoy-O-Matic

Post by eburman »

I was thinking of patching together Bob Diaz's Annoy-O-Matic project published in the April 2015 issue of N&V magazine. Bob emphasizes in his build how he has kept the circuit simple for us noobs. He was kind enough to include a link for the PIC code hex file. So, I read the article with interest expecting that he would explain to all of us PIC naive hobbyists how to transfer the code into the PIC microcontroller chip. Ha, ha, ha! April fools! You got me Bob. Good one! I've gathered all the parts and yet I have no idea how to program the 12F629 PIC microcontroller, and the article is gleefully silent on this topic. Dead in the water. Nicely played Bob! Sure, there's lot's of info out there is google land but it's confusing to sort through for those of us who are cutting our teeth on the Arduino IDE. Does anyone know of a cheep and dirty way that I can program the PIC? Most of the hardware and associated compiler software needed for the PIC seems absurdly expensive, at least compared to the Arduino IDE. I'd like to build the circuit on the cheep. Any specific advice would be much appreciated.