Hot Rod Your Guitar with Active Tone Controls. October 2014.

If there's an article in Nuts and Volts that you would like to discuss, this is the place!
trideciple

Hot Rod Your Guitar with Active Tone Controls. October 2014.

Post by trideciple » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:47 am

I am a new member of the forum having recently discovered Nuts and Volts. While I have some experience wiring guitar and amp circuits, I have to admit I am lacking in the skill of reading schematics. With that in mind, I have a question about the schematic shown in the article mentioned in the subject title. While it mostly makes sense, I am not sure about wiring the switching jack. I have attached a drawing of my take on it and would like to know if I got it right or ??
Attachments

[The extension png has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Dr.Obscure

Re: Hot Rod Your Guitar with Active Tone Controls. October 2

Post by Dr.Obscure » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:12 am

It appears to be be basically correct, assuming all notations in the article are correct. However you still need to get the connection from pins 2 & 6 to circuit ground.. again possibly right at the connector itself, as long as it gets back to the board too..

Dr.Obscure

Re: Hot Rod Your Guitar with Active Tone Controls. October 2

Post by Dr.Obscure » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:21 pm

So, did you get your board built and installed?
I got one done using perf board..

However, the amp fades & cuts out when he guitar is played hard, and I'm seeing +/- 1v coming from them.. so thinking the opamp is being overdriven.. probably going to install a resistor in series or a voltage splitter of sorts..

How'd your project work out?