Smileys Arduino Handheld Prototyper

tonyd

Smileys Arduino Handheld Prototyper

Post by tonyd »

Hello,
This is my first electronics project in quite some time and I'm afraid I need some help and hope this is the right place to turn. I can't get the display to work at all, the switches work fine and can see the result on the serial monitor. the display shows nothing at all but if I turn up the contrast, I see one line of rectangles where the character would be and nothing else. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you,
Tony
joepardue

Re: Smileys Arduino Handheld Prototyper

Post by joepardue »

Tony,

Sorry for the delay in responding to this, I only get notifications for posts on the Smiley's Workshop topic. But I believe you also posted there and I answered? If not please post there and I'll respond.

Joe
Bgcarl

Post by Bgcarl »

Hello,
After some searching, I finally came across a useful video that allowed me to assemble the circuit boards from the T&L store kit. I'm an experienced tech but very new to Arduino hardware and programming. Is there some link to a schematic and other info that will help me get up to speed on the Arduino Uno and associated accessories? I think I can muddle through the mechanical assembly by studying the photos in the article. I've downloaded a few sketches from the Arduino website so slowly wading into it.

Thanks for your help.

Bryan Carl
joepardue

Post by joepardue »

I've recently updated the materials for the Arduino Handheld Prototyper. You can find all six articles, the source code, and instructional videos on how to construct the terminal part of the device. You can find them at:
https://store-jwm4nhbo.mybigcommerce.co ... typer-kit/

Thanks for the interest,
Joe