help building a prototype electronic music keyboard

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
Heron

help building a prototype electronic music keyboard

Post by Heron »

I've designed a new layout for the keys of a musical keyboard instrument. Several prototypes must be built. I have someone to build the keys themselves, but have so far been unable to figure out the best way to integrate it into the existing circuitry of the Casio CTK-451 5-octave keyboard.<p>Several suggestions have been advanced by others, but none of them jump out as a really good solution.<p>If this design is as good as I think it is, it could be the most important invention in music in the past 300 years; making it literally hundreds of times easier to learn to play music, opening music up to millions of people who would have otherwise given up after 6 months of frustration with the current keyboard. Building the prototypes will make or break the idea.<p>If you're in LA or Orange counties, have the requisite skill/knowledge and are interested in participating in this project, please email me at [email protected].<p>I'd really appreciate your help.<p>Thanks<p>Heron
Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed.
- Francis Bacon