help on DC-AC inverter for Public art Project. Thks

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
Viking

Post by Viking »

Hello Dyarker

Thanks for the test program, this will save me a lot of time as I won’t need to construct a waveform simulator. I would have needed something to generate a test signal so I could de-bug the hardware/PIC code for the receiver. So this is a great news. I will just have to construct a simple RS232-5V logic interface to allow me to simulate the signals that would be reaching the PIC in the full version. I may try also building the complete RS323....RS485....connecting cable...RS485 receiver....5V logic, as this is such a simple circuit. So I can straight on with building this today.

I will try and send you some of the diagrams of the final version soon, for you to post on your site. On thing I need to study is the exact relationship between the individual bits in the data stream and they exact position within the display. This is important to know in order to be able to connect the pixels correctly to the receiver-driver outputs. I will study this and come back to you with any questions.

Thanks.

Regards
Rob
LIFE….the crappy bit between birth and death
federico muelas

Post by federico muelas »

Thanks a lot Dyaker!!!
this is fantastic!!
the first working prototype of one of the 200 pix panels should be ready in about one or two weeks and then we can try for real.
Rob, I got two of each one of the circuits (the second one for free!, a nice surprise), would it be of any use if I assemble the two extra ones and send it to you for testing?
thanks guys!!
Fede
dyarker

Post by dyarker »

"On thing I need to study is the exact relationship between the individual bits in the data stream and they exact position within the display."

That info is in the .csv files that the install program copies to:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Blue_Flower\Pixel_Ref

I padded the numbers in the .csv files with leading zeros so they could be read by human as well as program. (the columns line up)

Let know if something don't work, or needs more explanation.

Use the numbers on this image to find X and Y in csv. A6818 (SR) and OUT at end of line.

Dale Y
dyarker

Post by dyarker »

Additional download on the site. See install instruction 6 on link I PMed you 2 days ago.
Dale Y