how to build a 24GHz transmitter?

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
idealrides

how to build a 24GHz transmitter?

Post by idealrides »

I'm getting tired of these people who fly by me going 100mph on the highway... I want to find or make a transmitter on the K or Ku radar bands so I can set off their radar detectors.<p>The K band uses 24.150 GHz and the Ka band uses 33.4 - 36 GHz. I'd really appreciate any info on where to acquire or how to build this type of transmitter.<p>Thanks.
toejam

Re: how to build a 24GHz transmitter?

Post by toejam »

I'm not sure about those frequencies,but there were a number of transmitters designed for that function they may still lurking around in a classified in an electreonics or car nut magizine out there.
toejam

Post by toejam »

I'm not sure about those frequencies,but there were a number of transmitters designed for that function they may still lurking around in a classified in an electreonics or car nut magizine out there.
Chris Smith

Post by Chris Smith »

If I find the plans I'll let you know, but "Oregon Microwave" used to sell the parts including the "Transmitter Diodes". Also [?] Chicago [?] Microwave???? These names are 20 years old? Start there? Doides used to run $150 a pop!!! You can always just make the "Burst" section that sets off the detectors. A current limiter and one diode. If you look up EEM they sell just the diodes in their massive catalog for ANY frequency to around ? 80 + gigs? Expensive!!!
Smitty

Post by Smitty »

I have plans for the X band, maybe you can modify it for K or Ku band.<p>Smitty
keymaker

Post by keymaker »

Maybe you can pick up a really old radar gun somewhere, Gut it, and go from there..
Just a thought... Because they are around at auctions and shit
keymaker

Post by keymaker »

Oh and PS: It would work since radar detectors usually include the older bands as well..
I don't know though I think some fools have lazer only detectors.<p>
Here's an off the wall idea and I don't know what I'm talking about, But if you built a jammer, Wouldn't a jammer set off radar detectors?<p>Kill 2 fools with one slug that way
mikezx

Post by mikezx »

just a thought, but do those handheld laser pointers set the laser alarms off on radar detectors???
hlreed

Post by hlreed »

Buy a faster car.
Harold L. Reed
Microbes got brains
Chris Smith

Post by Chris Smith »

Confucius say: Cars that pass you very fast, ensure YOU not getting a ticket?
idealrides

Post by idealrides »

buy a faster car? You don't understand!<p>I've taken my car over 170mph on a race track (it's a modified Audi S4) but the problem is that there's a whole bunch of fools who think the public streets are a race track and put the safety of me and my family at risk. <p>Besides, it would be fun to see these guys slam on their brakes!
JULIO STIPICIC

Post by JULIO STIPICIC »

You can use a gundiode in a cavity resonator like a wawe guide 10 milimeter wide in mode tme. chao
idealrides

Post by idealrides »

Just thought I'd let you guys know that I've found EXACTLY what I was looking for... it's called a Bushnell Speedster and it's a small handheld K-band radar gun. It was a bit expensive ($150 on eBay) but trust me, it works like a charm!