Why is there no way to contact the Administrator?

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
CeaSaR

Re: Why is there no way to contact the Administrator?

Post by CeaSaR »

It's weird that the ability to upload photos was never really touted as an upgrade to the board. When I signed up (in the great Long Ago), you had to have an off-site image host for your images and you would use the tags at the top of the page, along with the font color to the side to make your non-plain text or links stand out and work.

Then one day, what, maybe 2 years ago (?), the option to directly upload an image was suddenly available, but no one spoke about it. Sounds as if an upgrade to the bbs software allowed this unbeknownst to the admins (not a slight on any of you guys as how could you really know about it if it wasn't disseminated to you). Apparently there is a limit, which we've reached, hence the error message.

As for me, I've used http://www.Postimage.org to host mine. Just make sure to sign up so you can keep track of your own images. If you don't, they go into the general pool and can dissappear after a time.

-CeaSaR
Hey, what do I know?
Externet

Post by Externet »

Very well said, CeaSaR. :smile:

So Postimage, eh ? If it works to link public images to public forums I may save them there; as 'Photobucket' used to be. Now, with 'Dropbox', got hurdles too.
- Abolish the deciBel ! -
CeaSaR

Post by CeaSaR »

Evahle,
I see you've used PostImage back in May, I presume for the LEDs on your FB page. Currently, the PostImage link is broken. Do you remember if it was a general upload or had you joined / signed up and put it in your own directory?

At this point, I'm going to look and see what other options are available. What a crazy, energy changing online landscape we are dealing with.
Hey, what do I know?
Externet

Post by Externet »

Well, as from today, there is a "Contact us" at the bottom... :grin:
- Abolish the deciBel ! -
evahle

Post by evahle »

Awesome!!! Now if we could just be able to upload photos of our projects, that would be great. Even a flash drive can hold 10s of thousands of photos. I don't know enough about this forum to offer any help, but maybe we can upload to the Google cloud or something. :)
evahle

Post by evahle »

Here's info on Google cloud storage as well as pricing. It seems the cost is about $3 per 100GB per month storage. Pricing also depends on the activity to and from the storage, but I think that's minimal. In any case that's about 100,000-1mb photos!
I've spent the last 11 months on my newest project, part time, and want to share this information and FUN stuff with everyone else. I'll need storage for about 20-50 photos, maybe more, however.