Why is there no way to contact the Administrator?

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
evahle

Why is there no way to contact the Administrator?

Post by evahle »

Why is there no way to contact the Administrator. I've had problems almost as soon as I got back in the forum and can't find anyway to contact someone about the issues. The last issue I had was about a photo that disappeared in my hot glue project. I tried to upload another one several times, but got an error. :(
Lenp

Re: Why is there no way to contact the Administrator?

Post by Lenp »

Maybe they are busy answering telemarketer's calls, I know I sure am! :mad:
Len

“To invent, you need a good imagination and a big pile of junk.” (T. Edison)
"I must be on the way to success since I already have the junk". (Me)
CeaSaR

Post by CeaSaR »

Probably the best one to get in touch with is Vern Graner. Just go up to the top left and click the Members button. Then where it says "Member's name starts with", click in the box and select V. Vern is the 12th one down. Click on his profile and you can access the private messaging system within the profile. If he doesn't answer within a week, try again. With as slow as the board is, I'm not sure how often he checks it anymore, but at least the Message Notification goes to his email.
CeaSaR
Hey, what do I know?
CeaSaR

Post by CeaSaR »

Lenp wrote:Maybe they are busy answering telemarketer's calls, I know I sure am! :mad:
Len,

One of my Call Rejection messages goes like this:
"We're sorry. This phone.number does not accept calls from scams, telemarketers, or unknown numbers."

I doubt it works, but it sure does.make me feel good.
:D

CeaSaR
Hey, what do I know?
VernGraner

Post by VernGraner »

CeaSaR wrote:Probably the best one to get in touch with is Vern Graner.
I checked my personal messages on here and didn't see anything. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

For what its worth, I rarely have time to come to this forum anymore. Sean Lemieux is the admin here now for day to day. You can always contact the Nuts and Volts Office and ask for Sean if you need help on the forum. :)

Vern
--
Vern Graner
Externet

Post by Externet »

Hey Len, ask telemarketers for their credit card number upfront.
When they ask why, tell you charge $100/hour to talk. Minimum charge 1 hour...
- Abolish the deciBel ! -
Lenp

Post by Lenp »

If I have the time and inclination I will try to keep them in a conversation as long as possible. I get pretty creatives sometimes, and have trouble suppressing my laugh!
I once had the 'Microsoft Guy' holding for about 15 minutes, while I went to 'look for my credit cards' so he could get paid to do his malicious service. I even yelled out asking if anyone saw the credit card thing I keep them in. Nobody was around and the cards were in my pocket. You got to play their game.

The credit card girl was also on hold for a while so I could find my glasses to read those 'little numbers' on the card. When I gave her some fake numbers and she said there was an error and repeated them back, I always made her 'say it again' then made another correction....Time well spent until she hung up. Funny, they can't be insulted, and still call back under another fake name another day.
Len

“To invent, you need a good imagination and a big pile of junk.” (T. Edison)
"I must be on the way to success since I already have the junk". (Me)
evahle

Post by evahle »

Finally got to talk to the administrator. He said they'd be working on a solution to the photo upload problem. Vern, the reason you didn't get the PM is because I sent it via PM on Facebook, but I already removed it when the administrator(Sean) here contacted me. In the meantime I'm going to use links to the pictures of my projects in my Facebook albums. It's a bit of a pain, but at least it'll work. Thanks for responding!
dacflyer

Post by dacflyer »

if you really want to shame them FOREIGN types, ask them if their mom knows what they do for a living...
or ask them about goats or camels..lol
Externet

Post by Externet »

A bunch of forums that nobody uses but none of them are to report site issues...

Can someone fix the attachments/pictures quota ???
- Abolish the deciBel ! -
dyarker

Post by dyarker »

Can someone fix the attachments/pictures quota ???
Not broken. If you uploaded the max, then you uploaded the max.

How long can you edit your own posts on this forum? Maybe you can go to some really old posts and delete images that are no longer relevent.

Also see my reply in other thread.

Cheers,
Dale Y
evahle

Post by evahle »

Yes exactly. I've been spoiled using Facebook. I've uploaded over a 100 videos and hundreds of pictures there. I've been semi-retired for a while now and I've spent the last 11 months working on a project that's been a lot of fun. I'd like to share that out here. Some of this project, I believe, may be worthy of an article or 2, but this forum needs some serious upgrading for me to post all of that here. Maybe I can come up with something else, like posting here and adding a link to my Facebook albums. I'm not sure that would be much fun for the readers though. This forum used to be so much more active when I was here last.
dyarker

Post by dyarker »

I've done it before. The readers here will see the images here just like they are stored here, but they are actually stored on your own server or the free host's server. No change in "fun" for your readers.

Facebook may (repeat may) not be a good storage choise. Don't you have to join Facebook to look at posts? If that is true I would never see your images.

Cheers,
Dale Y
evahle

Post by evahle »

I don't believe you have to join. My electronic albums are set to public. Facebook says if it's set to public, everyone on or off of Facebook should be able to see it.
It would be worth testing, if someone would want to be up for it.

Here's the link to my hot glue experiments:
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id ... 197&type=3
evahle

Post by evahle »

Nope. I tested it and it won't work without signing up to Facebook. Too bad.