can't find USB/Serial driver..

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
MrAl

Re: can't find USB/Serial driver..

Post by MrAl »

dacflyer wrote:it's been figured out a while ago...it works now.. seems that after i got the drivers in etc.. i had to restart the laptop...
it works now..
thanks anyway..
Hi,

Oh ok, well i rather hear that you finally got it working then to hear that you still didnt get it working.
That's great. I am a little surprised to hear that though, in that i would have suspected that in the time you had to troubleshoot that you would have turned it on and off several times already and therefore would have found it working much sooner.

So how do you like working with the Nano boards? I kind of like them because i can build a lot of complex operational stuff in very little time. A battery charger with full amps display, ampere hour display, and charge time remaining for example took maybe half a day.
Did you build anything cool yet?
LEDs vs Bulbs, LEDs are winning.
dacflyer

Re: can't find USB/Serial driver..

Post by dacflyer »

have not put one to a good use yet.. just played around with it a little bit.. controlling a few small leds and a number display..
i plan to see if it can take the place of my UNO..
i made a GPS clock, 6 digit display... time + date. only 4 lines to the display, using 6, TPIC6C596 ( 7 seg. digit driver )
as for the 12v input, it can be any voltage up to i think 40V, but for my display i only needed 5v.
the GPS is using 3.3v. all works great so far..
so later i will try using the nano board, and see if it works.. have loaded the program and it took... hopefully the pin out is the same..will let you know when i get back from vacation..