Verve 2

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
jwax

Verve 2

Post by jwax »

Has anybody played with one of these yet?
Looks like fun!
http://myinxus.com/welcome/verve2all/
WA2RBA
sghioto

Re: Verve 2

Post by sghioto »

Looks interesting, what does a verve2 kit cost?

Steve G
gerty

Post by gerty »

This is the closest thing I could find for a price. http://www.gizmag.com/verve2-project-maker/33560/
They had a gofundme account and reached their goal in less than 24 hrs!
For a $120 pledge you can get a "complete" kit. No other info (production date/price) that I could find.
jwax

Post by jwax »

Thanks. It is disappointingly difficult to find out how to buy one!
I have several emails out to [email protected] asking about buying the Verve2, but have yet to hear back from them.
They're in Newport Beach, CA.
WA2RBA
jwax

Post by jwax »

Finally heard back:
"Hi John,
Thanks for your interest in VERVE products. At this time we no longer sell direct to retail and are only supporting sales to businesses and institutions. Please let me know which products you would like and I can provide an invoice for you (depending on availability).
Regards,"

Guess that means they're not interested in onesie/twosie sales, only big numbers.

Too bad, it's a cool product!
:(
WA2RBA
haklesup

Post by haklesup »

I read that differently in that they do not have retail distribution channels however they would make an exception sell you one similar to a B2B sale and in that process, you issue a PO and they ship the product with an invoice which you then pay. In some cases, the invoice is paid prior to shipping and that may be what they have in mind.

Tell them you "would like" and ask how to proceed with a low Qty or Sample order. I would ask if they need a PO or if the email is sufficient to process the order. If they need a PO, just dummy one up using a Word template. If you're lucky, they can take a credit card order.

They may be screening you. We get a lot of phishing emails (usually gmail) asking for our catalog and if we accept credit card. Its usually obvious when the emailer cant talk intelligently about my products, we don't have a catalog, everything is custom. So don't ask for a list of products, tell them what you want or call them on the phone.