Nee help again please

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
ModRob

Nee help again please

Post by ModRob »

I have acquired an AEQ BC300 radio broadcast mixer, and have found problems with six of the 12 channels.
Each channel has a problem with distortion on input signal, and a couple have fader issues too. There are only three IC chips on each channel: LF 351N, LM 833N, and T9734.
I have found the 351 and 833, but cannot find the T9734 ANYWHERE. Mfg. has an office in Florida, and the kind tech guy there sent me a service manual. It IDs the T9734 as an SSM 2018. I find great difficulty in finding that one too, or any text on something that might replace it. Another email to the tech guy and he says he has only ONE, and it's 30 bucks.
The two small chips are a single, and dual op amp. But this bigger T9734 seems to control many different things I think (rookie here).
Can anyone shed any light on it for me?

Thanks again,
Tim

don't forget to keep checking out my web radio site, LOVRadio.com...still improving...
ModRob

Re: Nee help again please

Post by ModRob »

I found out a bit more a few minutes ago...talked with a great fellow from AnalogDevices about their SSM2018. Chip is obsolete now, but
they still have one of the versions of it.
The 2018PZ receives trimming from an external circuit (I THINK this is what I need, as there is a variable/adjustable component tied to it in the schematic, as well as I can see if physically on the board)

The 2018TPZ is factory trimmed; does not require external circuit.
AnalogDevices does have in stock the TPZ versions, but no PZ, but did say their distributor Rochester Electronics has oodles of them.

I'm going to check on them.
(I've seen a few on Ebay yes, but I don't like to order from China or else if I don't have to--last time it took about three weeks to get something, and I'm sure impatient..haha)
ModRob

Post by ModRob »

Dang! Rochester Electronics site shows to have the P version (AD said ok), over 8000 in stock at about 5.58 each. BUT they want a minimum order of 250 dollars, or agree to pay a "service charge" of the difference...(less than 40 dollars of parts still would cost 250 dollars! Yikes)
Sooooo close...but yet so far......(sigh)
Externet

Post by Externet »

Hi Rob.
Unsure if the SSM2017 would be applicable for your needs; am one of the few people in the planet with some stock of such unobtanium expensive chip.
Let me know.
Miguel
- Abolish the deciBel ! -
ModRob

Post by ModRob »

AEQ Circuit.JPG
ModRob

Post by ModRob »

Miguel:

You are ALWAYS so good at being helpful to folks--especially me! Again I thank you.
I don't have a clue if that chip would work--again, I know nothing really about the theory--just a "trial-and-error" guy who has some decent success with fixing things. (couldn't do it though without great input from folks like yourself)

IC2 in the schematic photo above is the chip in question...
ModRob

Post by ModRob »

http://www.utsource.net/search.aspx?key ... 018&page=1

A poster on another site suggested this company...looked pretty good, so I ordered six of the chips with express shipping...now anxious for their arrival to see if that cures the problems...(are they here yet?)