Keurig K2 work around

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
Lenp

Re: Keurig K2 work around

Post by Lenp »

While it's possible that that it is a special ring, the cost to produce it would exceed any benefit so it's likely to be a standard 'O' ring. You need to look at industrial dealers like McMaster Carr or MSC. There are thousands of 'O' rings available that are not "special", and likely you will find a usable ring. The hardware stores carry only a fraction of what's available. Tell me the dimensions, I do a lot of industrial work, have many 'O' rings, and might even have it!
Len

“To invent, you need a good imagination and a big pile of junk.” (T. Edison)
"I must be on the way to success since I already have the junk". (Me)
VernGraner

Post by VernGraner »

Just a quick note to posters that we should try and stay on the topic stated in the subject line of the original post. If you have something to add about the "Keurig K2 work around" those posts are fine here.. if they are about other devices or other subjects, you should place those in a separate, new topic.

The idea is that if someone is searching for info on a Keurig, they should find a thread that talks about it and not one that drifts into something completely different. We haven't "gone off the rails" (so to speak) in this thread.. yet.. :cool: but just keep an eye towards "topic drift" and minimize it please! :grin:

ADVthnaksANCE! :smile:

Vern
--
Vern Graner
Lenp

Post by Lenp »

Yes, I realize this post has whiskers but I have a footnote .
The yellow paper to defeat this smart machine does work, but the steam and coffee oils eventully ruin it. Since the machine is now out of warranty I did the permanent hack. Part of the hack is to clip a green wire in a wire bundle in the top of the machine. Now it seems more than a coincidence that in that bundle of a dozen or more all black wires, the only colored wire is the green one you cut! Maybe, expecting s public outcry, they were preparing to hack existing inventory.

The final part is to short a reed switch in the front lid area and all the cu
all cup and carafe menus are now permanently unlocked plus any k-cup can be used.

Man vs machine. If man quits, machine wins!
Len

“To invent, you need a good imagination and a big pile of junk.” (T. Edison)
"I must be on the way to success since I already have the junk". (Me)