Nuts and Volts Kindle App

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
miketoo

Nuts and Volts Kindle App

Post by miketoo »

I have several years worth of Nuts and Volts magazines in the Kindle cloud. I have downloaded the last 12 months issues from the CLOUD to my device; however when I try to view them the Kindle wants a WiFi connection! Why? If I need to have a WiFi connection, why is there a download function in the app?
haklesup

Re: Nuts and Volts Kindle App

Post by haklesup »

probably needs to verify a license and you may not have to be online long. In the case of music, that's not uncommon to have to logon weekly or monthly to a server to revalidate the license or you may have switched devices. That's just a guess though. If you bought those copies as opposed to scanning yourself, then there are probably digital rights associated with the files.
VernGraner

Re: Nuts and Volts Kindle App

Post by VernGraner »

miketoo wrote:I have several years worth of Nuts and Volts magazines in the Kindle cloud. I have downloaded the last 12 months issues from the CLOUD to my device; however when I try to view them the Kindle wants a WiFi connection! Why? If I need to have a WiFi connection, why is there a download function in the app?
I have a Kindle Keyboard and I was able to put my collection of PDFs into it by using a free tool caled "Calibre"

http://calibre-ebook.com/

I simply download the PDf version of my issue from texterity (using my digital subscription) and then upload it to my kindle with Calibre. Works a treat. Hope this helps :)

Vern
--
Vern Graner