It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:25 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: From reader to subscriber to writer? YES!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:13 pm 

Have you ever wondered what it would take to be a writer? Many of the folks that write for Nuts and Volts and SERVO magazines stared out just like you. In this area, I will be sharing my own experiences in writing for the magazines and try to provide some insight into what it takes to become a published author. :cool:

So, come by and have a look here or subscribe to this topic if you want to see when new notes appear. Also, you can send me PM's on the forum with questions and I'll see if I can compile an FAQ for writing and share that information here. :smile:

Vern

Nuts & Volts Magazine | SERVO Magazine
vern@nutsvolts.com |Skype: vern.graner
 Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: From reader to subscriber to writer? YES!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:13 am 

I have done precisely that with another publisher and have had several non electronic pieces published there. But I am still a beginner in this relm. I, for one, would appreciate some more details on what you and the T&L Publications expects in this process. Should there be advanced coordination as to subject, length, etc.? What formats are acceptable for submission? Paper, Word document, other? Any restrictions on length? Do you look at unsolicited submissions? What kind of time frame would be involved? Do you have published rates? Is there an e-mail address where I can contact the editors or submit a trial article?

Paul A.

Post subject: Re: From reader to subscriber to writer? YES!
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 3:48 pm 

I've written an article about using an Arduino UNO to "visualize random numbers". The article shows several aspects of the Arduino random number generator using EEPROM to store random numbers with and without using a seed, plus a counter and a flag, to persist between 10 resets. Then all of the data is displayed in the Arduino Serial Monitor.

How do I submit this article for consideration. QST did not want it because it does not explicitly solve any amateur radio problem.

Thank you,

Robert (KJ6HFR)

Profile Send private message  

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]