Socket Programming

Electronics Computer Programming Q&A
Matt

Socket Programming

Post by Matt »

I have a friend who playes the game outwar. (anyone who goes to an AIM chatroom or unmoderated forum knows what it is.) I found a program online that would help him in the game. Its information is located at www.hurracane.net . I was looking at it and asked if he heard about it. He said it works by connecting you to the outwar site via a proxy and can use up to 100 proxies at a time by using sockets. It sounded very interesting, and has gotten me into my programming mood. My question is, where would I be able to get information such as tutorials on socket programming? I thought for him to pay a price of $25 dollars was outrageous and thought it would be a great learning experiance for me if I would be able to work on making a program that works in the same fasion.<p>[ July 09, 2003: Message edited by: Matt ]</p>
========
--Matt--
========
greg123

Re: Socket Programming

Post by greg123 »

Hey Matt,<p>Diving into the world of socket programming...fun stuff....<p>Check out these links:<p>University Of Ontario<p>Examples In C<p>Socket In Java<p>Intro<p>
Also, these search engin results:<p>Google Results<p>Have fun<p>greg
Matt

Re: Socket Programming

Post by Matt »

Thanks Greg. I especially liked the "Sockets in Java" link. It was a bit shorter than the others but more down to the point.
========
--Matt--
========