keyboard hotkeys

Electronics Computer Programming Q&A
Mike

keyboard hotkeys

Post by Mike »

my keyboard, an IBM KB-9930, has keys at the top for internet, word, outlook, winamp, aim, help, and standby (All of the keys, except internet, help, and standby, I changed from their factory settings. It also has track change, play, stop, volume and mute on the right. Those work fine. I have tried IBM's driver, but for some reason it only works sometime and isn't as customisable (i know, its spelled wrong :) ) as i need it. Does anybody know the code for VB5.0 pro to detect the press of those spcial keys, then I can take it from there.
greg123

Re: keyboard hotkeys

Post by greg123 »

Hey mike,<p>Try this code in VB. It will give you the key code.<p>Private Sub Form_KeyDown(KeyCode As Integer, Shift As Integer)
MsgBox KeyCode
End Sub<p>
greg
Will

Post by Will »

Hi Greg,
I would like to ask you a long winded question about VB - would appreciate it if you could send your E mail address to me at bsquared.ev1.net
BB
greg123

Post by greg123 »

hey will,<p>no trouble. it's in my details but here it is anyway:<p>[email protected]<p>Why not post your qeuestion here??
creativelyspeaking

Post by creativelyspeaking »

I agree! I'd love to see any VB questions posted here. Please do! Then we'll all learn from it.<p>-- Susan