XP folder question and home page question..

Electronics Computer Programming Q&A
dacflyer

XP folder question and home page question..

Post by dacflyer »

question..when i open a folder , it will open ok,, i have my setting ( Arrange icons by...(modified)
well when folder opens opens to the top of the folder. so i have to scroll all the way down to the bottom to see current items...
is there a way when i open folder it will open to bottom of folder ? i also have view set to large icons.

also in firefox ( and other browsers ) my home page is set to google, if i open a new tab, the curser automatically goes to the address bar, and i am having to click to the search bar in google.
if i do not pay attention i'll typing junk into the address bar, and not the search bar..it gets annoying.
is there a fix for that ? or do i have to life with it ?
but if i click the home button in a current tab, the curser will goto the search bar automatically..
any ideas ?
JerryR

Re: XP folder question and home page question..

Post by JerryR »

When you open the folder in question, you can use (On the menu bar)View-->Sort By-->Ascending/descending to change the order that the files(icons) are sorted/listed.
Or, temporarily change the folder view to Details, than by clicking on the different column title (Name, Date Modified, Size, Etc.) you will flip the sorting order. you can than change back to icon view.
HTH
JerryR
yjryba<at>yahoo<dot>com
To contact me via Email
replace<####7>with proper symbols
dacflyer

Post by dacflyer »

but will the setting stay that way ?

i cannot do it when in icon mode,,,,
JerryR

Post by JerryR »

Yes it should stay the way you set it until you decide to change it.... it should even survive a re-boot.
I don't have an XP machine any more to try it on. I tried it on a Win 7 machine document folder (contains both, files and sub folders) and the change did survive a re boot.
HTH
JerryR

Edit
It should work in either methods Icon view or list/detail view
yjryba<at>yahoo<dot>com
To contact me via Email
replace<####7>with proper symbols
dacflyer

Post by dacflyer »

ok, i tried it..now all my stuff ( newest to oldest ) is at the top of the folder..
i can deal with that, but what i was really wanting was for the folder to open and then be scrolled al the way to the bottom of the page.. but i think this will work just as good.