WIN8 and Microsoft Outlook 2007

Electronics Computer Programming Q&A
frhrwa
Location: Eastern Washington (state) and N. Las Vegas (winter)

WIN8 and Microsoft Outlook 2007

Post by frhrwa »

I've been using outlook for my email service for a long long time, I switched up to WIN8 from WIN7 and my email worked for 4 months, now all of a sudden... NO EMAIL.. and centurylink tells me Outlook is not supported by WIN8.. what the heck, anyone else have a problem with embarqmail.com address's and WIN8 using OUTLOOK? I HATE using centurylink.com for my email, their site is so screwed up it takes forever to reply/forward/ or anything.. and MICROSOFT won't even talk to you about it..
JESUS”…… don’t leave EARTH without HIM!
cae2100

Re: WIN8 and Microsoft Outlook 2007

Post by cae2100 »

only thing I can think of is go back to win 7, win8 imo has to be one of the biggest mistakes microsoft has ever made, and noone Ive ever talked to even likes it. I usually end up talking to alot of people about it because Im always getting asked questions on how to get something fixed or how to get something to work, but really, there is no way.

I'd just go back to win7 or go to a newer email client like thunderbird.
frhrwa

Post by frhrwa »

I'm thinking your right.. go back to WIN7.. that's a nice OS.. if I do, can I just put the program in and back up to the old OS? or do I have to save all of my stuff, blow out this crap WIN8 and reload (start over). I don't see where WIN8 allows you to just go back to your old system.. ?
CeaSaR

Post by CeaSaR »

Windows 8, yet another move away from what people have learned to use over the last 30 years.
From what I have read, this version is trying to compete with the cell phone UI in it's implementation.
Hence, they are trying to move as many programs into an app-like feel. (wait, aren't apps programs?
Hmm, just another name for the same thing. I despise marketing...) To that end, many things are
ending up being sent out over the network, "to the cloud" as it were (another despicle marketing term).
However, a bit of digging gets you the ability (somewhat) to work in a way you've become accustomed.
Ezinearticles.com should be able to get you set up with the newest version of Outlook. Hopefully
it will perform like the version you've been using, albeit with a slick new look and feel.

Best I can do for you, since I haven't used Outlook for years until my new job, and we still use XP there.

CeaSaR
Hey, what do I know?
haklesup

Post by haklesup »

Its been a while, Did you solve this?

Windows 8 bashing aside, Outlook should be compatible and since you said it worked for a while I suspect its that your inbox is full. Outlook has a maximum size for the mail boxes. If any become full, it will just cease to receive mail with no error messages. Its not just outlook, I've seen other clients overflow without error.

In most cases you can just move some messages to a new folder and it will begin to work again. If your inbox or whatever folder you receive emails into is relatively empty, let us know if any errors show up in the send receive window.
frhrwa

Post by frhrwa »

WIN7, works fine for me! I DO NOT RECOMMEND WIN8 for anyone.. it really sucks.. I keep my send box and my delete box empty.. I read all emails and if I need to save, I put them in the "saved email" folder.. so that wasn't it.. even Microsoft finally said Outlook doesn't work well with WIN8..