i need help to deploy a prank.

Electronics Computer Programming Q&A
dacflyer

i need help to deploy a prank.

Post by dacflyer »

i hope this link can be seen..
i seen this page and it would be a good devious april fool prank to deploy
if you cannot see it, here is the description of it.

you basically create a new shortcut, then put in a command code and then make a icon for the new shortcut

what is supposed to happen..

i tried to create this... you click on this new icon ( internet explorer ) and when you do it will cause the computer to shut down. i did this as directed, but when you click on the icon , a box flashes on the screen, but nothing happens.. i do not know why it will not work.

i saw this on http://www.thereifixedit.com - look under the tab "Monday thru Friday" i think you may have to go thru about 20 - 21 pages before you see the page.
http://failblog.cheezburger.com/page/20

but here is the link to the capture pic i grabbed.
http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m50 ... e0cbb.jpeg

if this is not a real working prank.. i need suggestions on other good computer pranks to deploy..
cae2100

Re: i need help to deploy a prank.

Post by cae2100 »

yea, Ive seen that prank enough times that it's honestly really common. a better prank would be to press printscreen button at the desktop to take a screenshot of the desktop, then open up paint and paste it into there, and save it, then set that pic as your background and right click on the desktop and turn off the icons, so the screenshot shows the icons still, but nothing works.
CeaSaR

Post by CeaSaR »

A harmless prank would be to use TrayPlay, a TINY audio media player (my personal favorite
since my Win98 days) that is only 37k in size.

Being stand alone, you can place it anywhere, run it anywhere, and not have to install anything
(except maybe VB6 runtimes) on your target computer. Place it in the startup folder - click Start
and then navigate to the Startup folder in the menu, right click and Explore it. Paste it there. Then
double click it to start it up. It now resides in the Taskbar. Pull it up from there and set it to Auto-Hide,
Play on Start, and Non-Stop Play. Now, find a sound you want to play by using it's Explorer-like file
system, and click on it. It will start playing. If you click anywhere off of TrayPlay, it will minimize
itself to the Taskbar.

Here's where the real fun begins. Find some really short bizarre sounds, around 2 seconds or less,
and use an audio editor (Audacity is free) to splice them together with silence before, between and
after them. When finished, export it to MP3 and save it. Copy that to your target computer, into a
folder all by itself. Find it with TrayPlay and click it to start playing. If you close TrayPlay, it will stop
the audio from playing, but it will start up the next time TrayPlay is started. This is what you want for
your prank. Next time the person starts their computer, or logs on, it will start up (since it's in the
StartUp folder) and start playing the sounds. If you've put enough silence at the beginning, they'll be
working away when the first snippet startles them. They'll be looking all over for the cause, but since
it's minimized to the taskbar, they'll probably go nuts looking for it. Harmless, but funny, as long as the
sounds are not offensive.

Don't forget to set the volume!

Trayplay is known to work on every Windows from Win95 to Win7. I don't have access to Win8, so I
cannot tell you if it works there.

Have fun!

CeaSaR
Hey, what do I know?
dacflyer

Post by dacflyer »

cool and devious..

but what and how do i get my prank to work...
dacflyer

Post by dacflyer »

i need more ideas, april 1 is coming up fast.