Another FireFox question

Electronics Computer Programming Q&A
Bear

Another FireFox question

Post by Bear »

I cannot get Adobe Flash to load into FF. I have been told that there is something the matter with my registry that is not allowing the "NPSWF32.DLL" file to be loaded in the "HKLM Adobe" registry area. I have also been told to copy the "NPSWF32.DLL" file & copy it to my system files. Does anybody have idea why my computer is blocking the file from loading? I spent approx 1 hour w/FF tech support with no result. I have downloaded the flash player approx 30 times also to no avail. I have shut down my AV & win firewall when downloading the Adobe app. The Flashplayer for IE works like a dream & yes I know that there are two different versions of Flash. I always pick the version of Flash for FF when downloading it in FF. I am running Win 7 home premium. And no I do not want to contact HP support. Had a problem with not being able to access keyboard commands & they had me send the whole computer back to them for warranty repair(10 days out of service) and I later found out, on my own that the keyboard had to be plugged into 1 of 2 specific usb ports before it would work.

Any help would be appreciated.
Take care all!!

Dennis(AKA BEAR)
MrAl

Re: Another FireFox question

Post by MrAl »

Hi Bear,

I had the same problem once, after i upgraded adobe. I had to go to Tools/Options to set which program it uses to load .pdf files. It worked after that, but i had to close out and start up again i think. I dont know if this is the same as your problem exactly though.
LEDs vs Bulbs, LEDs are winning.
Bear

Post by Bear »

Thank you MrAL. I do not what the problem is, hence my posting here. It seems to be a mystery to everyone I have spoken to including ADOBE & firefox tech support. I did not have that problem when I ran Win98se, SP3. I checked in the registry and I do have a "NPSWF32.dll" in there. As per your suggestion I deleted my PDF reader and re-booted, alas to no avail.
If anybody has any more suggestions I would sure love to hear them.

Thank you
Take care all

Bear
Janitor Tzap

Post by Janitor Tzap »

Hi Bear,

Do you have ADD ON's like "No Script" or "Ad Block Plus" added to your FireFox?

I recently upgraded to FireFox 5.0 and then had problems with viewing Flash Player Items.
Because it screwed up the settings for my "No Script".

I had to go and reset them to the "Default" setting.
Then I had to go back and redo all the "Allow" or "Block" settings for the sites I visit.
Royal Pain In The A**.
Luckily I only have a few sites that I need to block some things from loading.

Hope that helps.

Signed: Janitor Tzap
Bear

Post by Bear »

Gentlemen...Problem is solved! I opened up a thing called "plugin container" and re-initialized all plugins & voilla about 8 plugins were then available to me. Some I didn't even want like Google toolbar & Java updates or whatever.
Janitor Tzap...Yes I do have NoScript but not Ad Block Plus, I have not gotten any spam for years. Every time I previously loaded the Flash Player I was always certain to disable the NS addon & shutdown my AV & windows firewall. I do not have any idea why the "plugin container" was blocking all those plugins. I spent over an hour with FF tech support and none of those guys suggested the container. The problem with a program as big as FF5 is that nobody can be familiar with all the ins & outs of the program. I get tired of people bad-mouthing and ragging on Microsoft about patches for their software. I understand that Windows XP was 8 million lines long of code. I would like to see the people that are complaining do better.

Again, thank you gentlemen for your advice.

Take care all

Bear
Janitor Tzap

Post by Janitor Tzap »

Bear wrote:Gentlemen...Problem is solved! I opened up a thing called "plugin container" and re-initialized all plugins & voilla about 8 plugins were then available to me. Some I didn't even want like Google toolbar & Java updates or whatever.
Janitor Tzap...Yes I do have NoScript but not Ad Block Plus, I have not gotten any spam for years. Every time I previously loaded the Flash Player I was always certain to disable the NS addon & shutdown my AV & windows firewall. I do not have any idea why the "plugin container" was blocking all those plugins. I spent over an hour with FF tech support and none of those guys suggested the container. The problem with a program as big as FF5 is that nobody can be familiar with all the ins & outs of the program. I get tired of people bad-mouthing and ragging on Microsoft about patches for their software. I understand that Windows XP was 8 million lines long of code. I would like to see the people that are complaining do better.

Again, thank you gentlemen for your advice.

Take care all

Bear
Cool. :cool:
The "Google toolbar" is an add-in when you first installed FireFox; (Versions 3.6 and up.)
If you didn't want it, you should of unchecked the box when you did the install.
You can still disable.
Go to Tools > Add-ons.
Add-ons Manager will open.
Scroll down the list of Add-on applications till you find the "Google toolbar".
Click on the (Disable) Button.
Thus, when you restart FireFox, the "Google toolbar" will be gone.

Java you may still need, since there are still a lot of sites that still use it.
Thou....
Many of the newer sites are using Adobe Flash.

Signed: Janitor Tzap