blocking IP addresses

Electronics Computer Programming Q&A
frhrwa
Location: Eastern Washington (state) and N. Las Vegas (winter)

blocking IP addresses

Post by frhrwa »

how do you block certain IP addresses? like the fedex, ups, dhl, and on and on.. those are the ones that come with the NASTY virus/trojan attached.. would just like to block them from even passing into the domain if possible? and why doesn't my IP company just block these jerks permanently? the last one I got showed it came from Taiwan.. I have them set to go to trash automatically, but would like them to either NOT come to me, or go to permanent deleted immediately.. ?
JESUS”…… don’t leave EARTH without HIM!
reloadron

Re: blocking IP addresses

Post by reloadron »

frhrwa wrote:how do you block certain IP addresses? like the fedex, ups, dhl, and on and on.. those are the ones that come with the NASTY virus/trojan attached.. would just like to block them from even passing into the domain if possible? and why doesn't my IP company just block these jerks permanently? the last one I got showed it came from Taiwan.. I have them set to go to trash automatically, but would like them to either NOT come to me, or go to permanent deleted immediately.. ?
The problem is that the emails you receive baiting you in are not really from fedex, ups, dhl, and on and on. They are spoofed. Additionally the IPs are rotated.

However, I really don't get what you are asking. Most firewalls (including the one built into Windows allow blocking IP addresses. You may want to give this a read:

http://www.ehow.com/how_5422923_block-i ... puter.html

Ron